PDA

View Full Version : Tap Tap, Knock?

spegt
10-30-2006, 10:46 AM
OK so when I start my sr it sounds like a desiel. I can drive it kinda hard for over 30 min and then it will go away for about 5 sec. then it will slowly come back, and then just as bad. When driving around 2,500 its at its worst, then you hear a little something at 3,500 then it goes away. It so uncharacteristic its pissing me off. I have changed the oil, put 50W in for about 50miles didnt help. I think it is a lifter, but I already pulled them and purged them. It affects my idle. Umm what else. Well I think it is low oil pressure, but I havent hooked a gauge up to it. And I already swapped the VCT solenoid. It kinda cleard up, but not anymore, she is just as bad, has anyone else encountered this. PS It has been doing it ever since it was swapped. I have driven it for about 3-4 weeks, but now I stopped so that I can fix the problem. ????

TibDrifter
10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
timing chain..... i had that same problem... now i am saving up and not driving my car, i advice you to do the same.. unless you want to rebuild the whole motor...

spegt
10-30-2006, 11:00 PM
OOOHHH Close, but no. The chain and guide show no wear and the tensioner is keeping her tight it spec, but thanks for the reply. Any others with this symptom?