PDA

View Full Version : greddy kit upgrade?

EJ253
10-26-2006, 08:56 AM
im planning on getting the greddy TD06-20G turbo kit and i was wondering if i can just upgrade the 370cc injectors to ~500cc injector, walboro 255 lph fuel pump, and right a new map on e-manage, and turn up the boost when i end up building the motor later down the road.

is that all i'd have to do if i wanted to turn up the boost later on?
-injectors
-fuel pump
-new e-manage map

thanks,
Greg

the head
10-26-2006, 09:22 AM
dont forget a boost volume knob so you can it turn up

make sure it goes to 11 for when you need that little extra

Dousan_PG
10-26-2006, 09:34 AM
running a td06 on sotck fuel pump and stock injectors is beyond retarded
you need to upgrade those AT install of the kit
and upgrade your mafs too
for the most part should be ok then.

!Zar!
10-26-2006, 09:55 AM
I suggest not even purchasing the kit. You will be happier piecing it together yourself.

I say that because, the stock injectors are craptastic if you want to crank up the boost.

The walbro is a must.

Did you plan on purchasing the computer kit to tune it yourself? Because if not, I highly suggest finding a shop to dyno tune it for you.
`
ka-t.org Check them out if you already haven't.

cosmoworks
10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
If you get the Greddy kit, use the ETD manifold with it to save yourself some headaches. If you want to know why, then read my post on FA:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=143060

-Cosmo

EJ253
10-26-2006, 06:54 PM
i was wondering if i can just upgrade the 370cc injectors to ~500cc injector,

running a td06 on stock injectors is beyond retarded.

370cc injectors are not stock bro. its what comes in the turbo kit. but thanks for calling my idea retarded without understanding it :)

Dousan_PG
10-26-2006, 06:57 PM
370 cc injectors is a fucking joke
not going to work so great imo. my friend w/ 350hp kat says your a fucking dreamer

anyways
haha
get 550s

and he ahs emange also
yeah that dont work so great on a KA
hahahaha
but have fun.
even greddy doesnt really like using it. my good friend w/ their tuner
hahahahahahahaha
keep dreaming.

EJ253
10-26-2006, 07:01 PM
but you cant run the stock greddy kit at 0.4 bar (which is stock) and you'd still have to upgrade fuel pump?

EJ253
10-26-2006, 07:08 PM
370 cc injectors is a fucking joke
not going to work so great imo. my friend w/ 350hp kat says your a fucking dreamer

anyways
haha
get 550s

and he ahs emange also
yeah that dont work so great on a KA
hahahaha
but have fun.
even greddy doesnt really like using it. my good friend w/ their tuner
hahahahahahahaha
keep dreaming.

you dont think 370cc injectors on a TD06 with 0.4 bar would work fine?...

your friend has a 350hp kat... cool? i dont see the relevency of that. my STi will kick his ass in the snow/dirt/rain and from a stop. happy?

your information is horrible. i'd appreciate it if you'd stop posting in this thread, because your lack of information is making us all more stupid.

Dousan_PG
10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
your wasting your money
u could get the same amount of power and better response on a smaller turbo
td06-20gs are good for like..350ish rwhp
why waste it

nah ill keep posting. suuuucka

get a s15 turbo.

.4 bar hahahahahah..too funny.

EJ253
10-26-2006, 07:16 PM
dude. i completely explained my reasoning! i just dont think its getting through to you.

im planning on up'ing the boost in the future. hense the TD06. with that turbo i came run more boost later.

please read the entire thread

Maeda
10-26-2006, 07:16 PM
your friend has a 350hp kat... cool? i dont see the relevency of that. my STi will kick his ass in the snow/dirt/rain and from a stop. happy?

I'm glad I know how long your penis is now.

eitherway, you don't know what you're talking about YET.

do this in order
1)Ditch the emanage
2)buy 550 nismos NOT DEATHWERKS
3)get a rom tune
4)put that td06 on and go to town
5)get an adjustable fpr

I hope you have an intercooler already. Oh wait, you dont have the kit or anything yet sorry, i mistook you for somebody serious.

McRussellPants
10-26-2006, 07:22 PM
my STi will kick his ass in the snow/dirt/rain and from a stop. happy?

Yeah, man. ITS GOT STOP WATCHES ON IT AND SHIT! Faster than a speeding stop watch.

Moving on...

His advice is good, you're just intent on blowing your shit up by running 370s on a TD06.

http://www.cmdesigngroup.com/240/images/post/IMG_0958.JPG
Hahahahahahahahaha, intake restrictor

That sucks so bad NICO doesn't even know whats up.

projectRDM
10-26-2006, 08:15 PM
That sucks so bad NICO doesn't even know whats up.

You sir, get a pos rep for that remark. Thank you.

!Zar!
10-27-2006, 02:15 AM
EJ253 You fail hard at life. You asked a question on how cheap your water drinking ass could be, then you bitch about why people tell you what they did.

I hope you didn't tune you beloved evo with the same halfassness as you plan on tuning your 240.

When Aaron was talking about his friend with the 350hp kat, if you knew shit it would tell you that he would know a thing or two about what he is talking about. I doubt you know many people who can boost a ka hard with minimal to no problems.

Let me break it down for you.

The 370cc injectors are already maxed out.

You need the fuel pump to supply the extra fuel needed to power the engine.

Then you shall need to find someone reliable to tune your motor.

The emanage is a pain to work with being as how the adjustments are pretty broad. So it's hard to fine tune. ie, it sucks.

Now since you don't know jack shit about turbo setups, then chances are your impreza sucks ass also. So I WILL put my money and car on the line that Aarons friend will kick your ass.

But wait? Would he be beating your car, or a car the shop built for you?

And I'll even step in and be sure to say that the sti that my friend and I built. Will beat the living hell out of your pos. Don't come on this forum acting like your are superior. You can take that bs to the bank and cash it in.

Got that Greg? Now go crawl back in your mothers womb and develop some common since.
/end

s13silvia123
10-27-2006, 08:32 AM
i what i know is that the greddy kit fits but the turbo outlet hits the stearing rack from my knowledge you'll have to modify it.

the head
10-27-2006, 09:15 AM
yi dont see the relevency of that. my STi will kick his ass in the snow/dirt/rain and from a stop. happy?

we need to keep this post going I am having a great time watching you suck out loud

cosmoworks
10-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Some bad info and misunderstanding in this thread...

i what i know is that the greddy kit fits but the turbo outlet hits the stearing rack from my knowledge you'll have to modify it.

Wrong. No modification is required.

buy 550 nismos NOT DEATHWERKS

Don't buy either. The rail that comes in the kit is top feed, not sidefeed. When you upgrade, get RC, Denso, etc.... (top feed import style).

but you cant run the stock greddy kit at 0.4 bar (which is stock) and you'd still have to upgrade fuel pump?

Yes, kit works fine at 0.4 bar with the stock fuel pump.

The 370cc injectors are already maxed out.

You need the fuel pump to supply the extra fuel needed to power the engine.

Then you shall need to find someone reliable to tune your motor.

The emanage is a pain to work with being as how the adjustments are pretty broad. So it's hard to fine tune. ie, it sucks.

-370's are not maxed out at 200whp level (0.4 bar).
-Stock fuel pump works fine on this kit at 0.4 bar.
-YES, eManage IS hard to tune, and YES find a reliable and knowledgeable tuner! However the default Greddy kit eManage tune is sufficient at 0.4bar.

If you do decide to go with the Greddy kit, just take my advice and use the ETD manifold and cap it off for now. Forget the boost controller on this setup, cause you'll just blow your engine from detonation and the desire to want "more".

When you decide to upgrade get:
- 550cc import style top feed injectors
- Z32 MAF sensor
- 38mm external wastegate
- High flow Fuel pump
- And a ROM TUNE (ditch the eManage)

-Cosmo

EJ253
10-27-2006, 11:43 AM
^^^thank you for answering my questions.

to everyone else, i didnt ask your opinion on the kit, i asked a few simple questions that could easily be answered. you all failed to do so.

this thread is over.

McRussellPants
10-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Wrong. No modification is required.
Hes thinking of the SR20 TD06, which is alot less ghetto.

-370's are not maxed out at 200whp level (0.4 bar).
-Stock fuel pump works fine on this kit at 0.4 bar.

running undersized injectors on a boost creeping setup... sounds like fun.

370ccs run 95-100% duty cycle at what? 230-240whp, so like, creep a TD06 to what 9-10lbs and thats what you have? sounds really wack.

Don't buy either. The rail that comes in the kit is top feed

Are you serious? Greddy mails you a top feed to run 370s? hahahahah gross.

s13silvia123
10-27-2006, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=McRussellPants]Hes thinking of the SR20 TD06, which is alot less ghetto.
[QUOTE]

youre right i was talking about the SR greddy TD06 kit. i didnt know if this kit was specified for the KA or the SR

the head
10-27-2006, 01:06 PM
^^^thank you for answering my questions.

to everyone else, i didnt ask your opinion on the kit, i asked a few simple questions that could easily be answered. you all failed to do so.

this thread is over.

Ahhh but your questions were not answered correctly so the thread continues!

Does anyone have a good source for replacement wheels on AC floor jacks? the rubber is coming off of one of the wheels on mine.

Maeda
10-28-2006, 02:13 AM
When Aaron was talking about his friend with the 350hp kat, if you knew shit it would tell you that he would know a thing or two about what he is talking about. I doubt you know many people who can boost a ka hard with minimal to no problems.

That's me. I did this and I even used the emanage to do it. Running for over 3 years now, and has near stock compression.

Again same advice.

First things first, buy your shit and put it on, then come back for your upgrade advice.