PDA

View Full Version : 97 240sx air bag light

DriftingXJDM
10-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Just wondering for those people who has 95+ 240sx and uses an aftermarket steering wheel what do you guys do with your SRS light. I want it to function normally like the honda just using a 2 ohm resistor... Is there a way to get it functioning normally, thank you...

revat619
10-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Use a nismo hub. If you dont have that, then do like what you were talking about and just get a resistor to cancel out the signal.

fwiw, i just wrapped a piece of poster paper in electrical tape and slid it over the bulb in the gauge cluster. Works like a charm. No light is seen at all.

projectRDM
10-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Or just unscrew one of the leads on the bulb. To a ref or inspector it's pretty obvious you don't have an airbag anyway.

DriftingXJDM
10-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Well I was trying to make it so that the passenger side airbag can still work...

Jefferson
10-23-2006, 09:04 PM
I use a Works Bell hub it already comes with the resistor to cancel your drivers bag but still have a functional passenger side airbag.
Although on my other car I have the same hub but my airbag light does not shut off?
But yeah the resistor trick ususally works, there is a thread with a link to some place that tells you what resistor to buy search for "steering wheel install" or something like that

sw20>>s14
10-24-2006, 02:40 AM
just get a works bell or HKB hub that comes with a module to keep the passenger bag on...or get a resistor of the right value...its been covered, i think optionzero(?) did a right up and the proper ohm value was later provided...and as for the airbag light, reset the ecu or leave it like i did...gives the cluster a nice touch, hah...feels like im manning a jet with warning lights...wwwwweeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr! (machine gun sounds)

dct223
10-24-2006, 02:46 AM
3ohm resister iirc, put it in line where the plug is supposed to plug into the air bag, its as simple as that...

to reset the whole air bag light... you gotta set the airbag system to diagnostic mode after you put on the resister...

for my 95s14 it was... leave door open... turn the car on (dont start) and press the door button 5 times within 7 seconds..... this should be in diagnostic mode.. you should see a change in the blinking airbag light. turn the car off, then turn it back on (again dont start) press door button 5 more times and it will return to user mode, and should turn off the airbag light if everything is correct.

check a FSM to make sure, couuld be differnet for koukis

trsilvias13
10-24-2006, 12:59 PM
It is the same for kouki as well as I did it to my 97 240sx.