PDA

View Full Version : Qeustion on FMIC kits ON EBAY...

Jordan-S13-Silvia
10-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Well ive been looking at the fmic kits on ebay lately and i would like to get one of the two below, but my ? is, is anyone else on this fourm using these fmic kits or have used them in the past? have you had any problems with it before? it seems like they are but are they worth it?

They both look the same but the turbo creation looks more like the one to get IMO (The 3 year warrenty).

Just intercoolers kit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-SILVIA-S13-240SX-SR20DET-GT-SPEC-INTERCOOLER-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ013QQitem Z230040018545QQrdZ1

Turbo creation kit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo-FMIC-Intercooler-Kit-S13-240SX-SR20DET-89-94-93_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ008QQitemZ 180039981573QQrdZ1

TheAznOne
10-22-2006, 11:29 PM
those intercooler pipes are junk. I did my buddy swap with that intercooler kit, the pipes feel like their made out of plastic.

cotbu
10-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Any half decent intercooler kit, will come with T-bolt clamps! Then you have too look at the core and pipes. If they offer worm clamps just pass!

DrtyRat
10-23-2006, 09:20 AM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=109036
Hipro intercooler...yes they're more than these but the've been proven to be of good quality. I've had mine for going on 2 yrs w/no prob whatsoever. Not to mention that the Cust Service is 1st rate.

twofourzerosx
10-23-2006, 09:42 AM
cotbu... greddy kits dont include tbolt clams....

Jordan-S13-Silvia
10-23-2006, 02:06 PM
those intercooler pipes are junk. I did my buddy swap with that intercooler kit, the pipes feel like their made out of plastic.

Which kit did you use

So the turbo creation kit is bad or what.

I was just seeing if anyone had anything good to say about those 2 kits

But the one i really prefer to get is the godspeed kit:
I was going to get the Godspeed kit before i saw the other 2 kits but the god speed still looks better.

actually they all looks the same to me.

God Speed intercooler kit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-94-240SX-S13-SR20DET-GODSPEED-INTERCOOLER-KIT-NEW_W0QQitemZ120044978312QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33741Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Slidin240Wayz
10-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Hmm "ebay intercooler" came up with this...

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=119910&highlight=ebay+intercooler

All these intercooler kist come straight from China. When my kit arrived, I could smell China. I know because I was there over the summer. I felt in a rush when I purchased that kit. I would probably have gone with the Greddy M-spec considering it's price. It has worked well so far. 1st event in 2 days. I will let you know.

Carlos

Jordan-S13-Silvia
10-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Hmm "ebay intercooler" came up with this...

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=119910&highlight=ebay+intercooler

All these intercooler kist come straight from China. When my kit arrived, I could smell China. I know because I was there over the summer. I felt in a rush when I purchased that kit. I would probably have gone with the Greddy M-spec considering it's price. It has worked well so far. 1st event in 2 days. I will let you know.

Carlos

Yes let me know how it does. Which kit did you buy off ebay, (The ebay seller name) or is it the turbo creation kit that yo got off ebay.

Slidin240Wayz
10-23-2006, 03:40 PM
If you ask him a question through e-bay and he responds with an email and you see the name kevin, that is him.

Carlos

Jordan-S13-Silvia
10-23-2006, 04:06 PM
If you ask him a question through e-bay and he responds with an email and you see the name kevin, that is him.

Carlos

can you send me a link to the one you got off ebay.

Thanks Jordan

NSR250
10-23-2006, 05:21 PM
I bought 2 of those cheap ebay FMIC kits. One for S13 and one for S14. and yes I did buy it from that Kevin guy. The S13 kit was installed on my friend's car. On the S13 kit the top mounting point justdon't line up so my friend modify it and made his own mounting bracket. The hot pipe for the S13 kit was a tiny 2" so that pipe got tossed and my friend made a bigger pipe to replace it.

The S14 kit was installed on my car. Actually I screwed up and ordered the wrong kit. I have a S14 but the motor was S13 so the cold pipe did not line up at all. I had to fabricate my own pipe to make it work. Also the top mounting bracket for the S14 kit had to be bent 90 degrees for it to work. Since I have a GT2871 the hot pipe didn't line up but I was able to use the pipe they supply and with some welding and cutting I got it to work.
Now would I buy the same kit....? I would probably say yes since fabrication is easy for me and for $200 bucks I don't expect them to fit perfect. If you don't mind doing some light modification I would say go for it. If you want a perfect fit and no hassles DO NOT buy the ebay stuff, go buy a Greddy or Blitz instead.

I know they are made in China but if you compared the intercooler core against a Spearco or any other bar and plate design and you will be surprised how good the China stuff is.
I'll try to post some pics when I get the chance.

Jordan-S13-Silvia
10-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Im sorry i should have been more clear on it But what i mean was, Whats his ebay seller ID.

McRussellPants
10-23-2006, 06:29 PM
I would probably have gone with the Greddy M-spec considering it's price.

Newsflash: M-spec means Mandarin Spec. Aka straight from China.

KTS sells unbadged V-SPL for 360$.

Turbocoop
10-23-2006, 06:45 PM
my friend got the same one as the first link (im pretty sure), it came with everything but it is all cheap ass low grade stuff. The piping was aluminum but it was VERY low quality metal, which means it would be really hard to weld to good aluminum. The intercooler is way overkill too, its just big and shiny to make ricers happy. I would go with a regular size, good quality intercooler and make your own piping. Its really not that hard at all.

Intercooler: $300-$400
Piping/bends: $100-$150
Connectors/T-bolts...: $50
not ricey: priceless

Slidin240Wayz
10-23-2006, 07:14 PM
my friend got the same one as the first link (im pretty sure), it came with everything but it is all cheap ass low grade stuff. The piping was aluminum but it was VERY low quality metal, which means it would be really hard to weld to good aluminum. The intercooler is way overkill too, its just big and shiny to make ricers happy. I would go with a regular size, good quality intercooler and make your own piping. Its really not that hard at all.

Intercooler: $300-$400
Piping/bends: $100-$150
Connectors/T-bolts...: $50
not ricey: priceless

Yea the IC is too big for a stock setup but having to fabricate your own piping is not very cheap.

Carlos

ps should I ask what V-spec stands for?

silverarrow27
10-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Vietnam-Spec I guess.... : p

Maybe Vienna-Spec : D