PDA

View Full Version : tail light/parking light help

MikeisNissan
10-16-2006, 08:53 PM
my rear taillight/ parking light does not work, brake light does however work, i have an s15 front end, does the front coincide with the back lights? thanks

undesiredshoe
10-16-2006, 09:11 PM
check your fuses.....on the driver side by your left leg there should be a panel. Get the panel off and there should be a diagram.

Quigs
10-16-2006, 10:23 PM
^^ and no, the front shouldnt have anything to do with the rear. just check the fuse box like undesiredshoe said, and also check the wires going to the rear of the car (my lights wouldnt work when i first got my car because the hatch was cutting into the wires as the hatch was let down) minor rewiring might have to be done...just have to find the source of the problem first.

projectRDM
10-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Wrong. The parking lights are all on one circuit, both front and rear, along with the dash illumination. Red/blue is the wire color, check it at each light as well as in the car, behind the radio, cluster, etc.

MikeisNissan
10-18-2006, 10:46 AM
so is it one circuit? ur the first person to have said that

projectRDM
10-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Read the FSM.

The brake lights have their own circuit, but that's completely independant of the parking lights. 99% of cars on the road are the same way, one circuit for all running/parking lights, except for some German cars that have right side and left side circuits.

aznpoopy
10-18-2006, 02:19 PM
i just had to deal with this...

iirc fourth fuse from the top on the right side in the driver side kick panel. if it keeps blowing, good luck and start tracing wires, it's a big big pain in the ass. start where you or previous owner has fucked around with the wiring.