PDA

View Full Version : How to wire S13 Silvia Halogen Block lights

b16delsol
10-16-2006, 11:17 AM
I have searched and could only find how to wire the projector lights. I have the Halogen block lights and I am not sure how to wire them. Is the lights closest to the middle fog lights or my hi beam lgihts? I am not really sure. Thanks for the help in advance.

iMAGE976
10-16-2006, 11:21 AM
try searching brick lights..if i remember correctly someone on that projector thread mentions how to wire up the bricks too.... but the tread is out there....keep looking

10-16-2006, 11:36 AM
just use a test light to see which wires are becoming live when u click the lights on.

Yuri
10-16-2006, 04:02 PM
It's not hard.
Just take your factory flip up headlight plug, and plug it into the back of the outer ones.
Then wire the inners to a relay to turn on when the highbeams come on on.
done.

RedlineRacer
10-16-2006, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't even bother with the fog lights. I wired mine up to an auxiliary switch and it really doesn't add much more light, and they shine right into oncoming traffic and people seem to get pissed (who would have thought!?).

Yuri
10-16-2006, 04:26 PM
That's because they aren't foglights, they're auxiallary high beams. They are only supposed to come on to supplement your outer high beams. Mine provided good lighting when they were hooked up, you just need to use them for their intended purpose, i.e. dark twisty roads and rural high ways instead of blinding everyone on city streets. haha.

b16delsol
10-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks guys for the help. Do you know what size bulbs I need to use? Can I use the switch that is used to just make the flip up lights come up but not turn on? Can I just splice the hi beams to that harness? Thanks again for all the help.

g6civcx
10-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Post the links to your searches and I'll give you the answer.

yokotas13
10-17-2006, 05:34 AM
Since i actually did search when i got my bricks, and didnt find anything i will help you out.

First, the only wires you need to splice into is the ground and the one that is actuvated when you do your high beam. I am out of country, so i cant tell you the color of hte one you need nad ground.

But use a multimeter to test it out, and it will tell you which one it is, and your ground.

Then get some connectors that will fit on the rear of the high beam bulb (any autozone will have them)
THen cut yourself a foot of wire for each connector, and crimp it on
then go ahead and cut the appropriate wires, solder the new wire in and USE HEATSHRINK and Solder. DO NOT USE A BUTT CONNECTOR.

after you finish the power and ground, test it out!

ThatGuy
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
To answer your bulb question.

Outer lights (High Beam/Low Beam) are H4.
Inner Lights (supplemental High Beams) are H3c. If you can't find H3c you can use modified H3 bulbs.

As was already mentioned, just plug the connector from your pop-ups into the High/Low, than wire the supplementals to a relay to come on with your highbeams. "Bricks" don't have foglights built in.

Yuri
10-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Also if you can't find H4's you can use 9003's.
They are interchangeable with H4's, I'm running a set of Hella 9003's on my flip-ups with an H4 conversion housing.

yokotas13
10-17-2006, 10:40 AM
you dont HAVE to put them on a relay do you? I used a decent gauge wire from the low/high to the high. i have no problems yet

Yuri
10-17-2006, 10:49 AM
I tried it that way at first, but after running their own power wire through a relay, both the regular high beams and the supplementals were brighter. It may be why people are complaining their setups aren't putting out enough light.

yokotas13
10-17-2006, 10:54 AM
i dont use the lowbeams as a high beam, ONLY the highbeam, becuase im getting ready for my HIDs, so it didnt make sense to wire it one way, and change it later

Yuri
10-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Ok, if you're only running the H3's as high beams, you don't need the relay, just splice the wires from the highbeam part of the H4.
I haven't tried running only the H3's so I don't know how good the beam pattern is by itself.

b16delsol
10-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks alot guys for all the help.

yokotas13
10-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Ok, if you're only running the H3's as high beams, you don't need the relay, just splice the wires from the highbeam part of the H4.
I haven't tried running only the H3's so I don't know how good the beam pattern is by itself.
its pretty damn bright