PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Mainshaft/Input Shaft Bearing

Burke
10-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi, I just recently purchased my first 240. it’s a 95 SE with leather :) I am going through it finding all the little used car problems and making a list of things to replace and planning on how to blow the money I just recouped from selling my turbo Honda.
Aside from torn tie rod boots and covers, I noticed that the transmission input shaft bearing makes a little noise. Now its not horrible, just a little noisy (remember I came from honda’s so I am used to this whir :( )
So while I have the clutch out to replace, I am going ka-t, is this easy enough to replace? Will I Need a press, is this common and which one most likely is it, the one in the adapter plate? I have a FSM, and have done this a million times on the Hondas, so I don’t mind doing it.
Also can I order this from my local dealership or do you guys have awesome cheap online OEM supplier?
I look forward to becoming a contributing member of this site while learning more about Nissans with my ka-t project. It’s gonna be a little differenet using an A/W setup, yet remaining MAF based with AEM.

Thanks a lot
Burke

Burke
10-11-2006, 06:42 AM
any suggestions