PDA

View Full Version : Steering stiffins up when driving hard.

Bay_Area_sr20det
10-09-2006, 01:57 AM
my steering has ben stiffing up ever since i got my car, on the way home from buying it we were driving on a very whindy mountian road and it was very very hot out side. it was tightning up like i have no power steering and going very slow.

. its still doing it when i drive it hard and not just when im going slow it does it when im going like 60 around a turn also. its kinda scarry. i think it has something with the power steering fluid getting way to hot, the tanks mounted on the stock plase on the drivers side. with a stock redtop sr20det setup with the stock manafold and heat shield. whats going on?

Anto
10-09-2006, 03:33 AM
Check for leaks, and try flushing your P/S fluid. Nissans take ATF, so use Dexron/Mercon III.

Bay_Area_sr20det
10-09-2006, 03:59 AM
ok i will try that tomarrow, when i wake up. thank you very much for the info.

s14slide
10-09-2006, 06:43 AM
i don't know what it is exactly, but it's a common problem on JDM S chassis. Not so much when drifting, but when tilling the wheel back and forth really fast, like when I do ghymkana. Anyone I know with an S chassis here can get the tank to overflow any day of the week on a fast jaunt around a ghymkana course or in the mountains.