PDA

View Full Version : RB25 smog question....noob!

partymonster 975
10-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi, I have a quick question. Noobish. I was thinking of swapping an RB25 into my s13, I live in IL so we have no visual testing. I was wondering how good my chances of passing emissions are with a stock, or close to stock RB25 with a type of fuel controller and high flow CAT. I hear its easier to pass emissions with an obd1 car with an afc then it is with an obd2.
BTW: if I dont keep it stock the parts list will be something like this.... GReddy Intake Manifold
Front Mount Intercooler
APEX'i AVC-R Digital Electronic Boost Controller
APEX'i S-AFCII Fuel Computer
3" exhaust with CAT
Apexi filter
dyno Tuning
ect.
I wont be adding anything like aggressive cams or injector upgrades, I'm keeping this really lightly modded.
So do you think I can pass?

1derboy16
10-07-2006, 03:58 PM
sorry, I posted this from a friends SN so I'll be talking.
So can I pass, I just talked to a guy that passed his RB25 and his was in an s14.

s13silvia123
10-07-2006, 04:51 PM
i've been hearing some people been passing emissions in chi-town with sr's and rb's for a while now. but i been wondering how they been doing it. best bet is they know someone who works there for emissions.

1derboy16
10-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Yea, I know that there are some guy around here but I dont know any who will do it for me. I know I can maybe pass a stock SR or at least on the idle test I can but I hear that with an RB I have slightly higher chances. Hopefully that law will pass that pre 96 cars dont have to test but I'm also going to slap some freakin chromed out dub rims on it since most of the time they wont put you on the roller test in fear of scratching something. Either way. Anyone think I can pass?

s13silvia123
10-07-2006, 05:24 PM
i doubt it if i didnt pass up here in wi then you wont cause of the last 7 years with my sr i havent so i register it up north from me so i wont go through emissions no more.

1derboy16
10-07-2006, 05:44 PM
I wont pass with the RB? or u talking about the SR? Either way, I was thinking of registering it somewhere else but I dont think I will. So does anyone else think I can pass or have helpful advice?

1derboy16
10-07-2006, 08:41 PM
So who else thinks I can pass with a CAT and proper tune?

1derboy16
10-08-2006, 01:37 PM
I hear visual is what fails most with this motor but lucky I dont have it, so do you think I can pass?