PDA

View Full Version : Need mechanical help asap please...

arlocks13
10-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Okay so for those of you who dont know, my s13 isn;t running as of 2-3 days ago. I brought the car to a mechanic to run a full diagnostic on it, tell me what I need to get it up and running and everything else I just need.

The mechanic told me that I need new...

Fuel Pump
-Fuel Filter

Clutch Master and Slave cyllanders ..(cylanders)

I work at an Auto Shop as a tire technician so I get 25.00 flat rate labor and 15% off all stock parts...

I want to buy an aftermarket Fuel Pump since I was going to do it later on anyway, any reccomendations on companies?

Secondly About the clutch master+slave cyllanders, do you think I should wait to buy them until I get my aftermarket clutch or should I just do that now and do the clutch later? I'm not a tech whiz so help me out please.

Will it even make a difference if i buy these 2 parts now or later..
I.E. are these parts included in a clutch kit...?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated..Thanks guys

-Aaron

Anto
10-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Walbro 255lph Fuel pump. There's a vendor selling some in the FS section.

As far as the slave and master cylinders go, you might as well replace them now. You're gonna need them to drive the car anyhow.

arlocks13
10-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Ya I just found that fuel pump on enjukuracing.com
They also have a nismo slave cyllander. Is it worth getting, would it make a difference as opposed to a stock 1? Is there a nismo/aftermarket master cylander also?

FaLKoN240
10-04-2006, 08:33 PM
You don't need all that stuff, your car is stock, if you're really worried about paying the full price now, you should just get stock stuff, unless you think your car is gonna be driven in some really strenuous endurance races or something.

Jung918
10-05-2006, 01:14 AM
You can find the walbro for $85 shipped. Just get oem clutch slave and master cylinder. Do not get rebuilds. Get the real deal.

Nuisance Crew
10-05-2006, 01:40 AM
and get rid of your clutch dampener if you haven't already

arlocks13
10-05-2006, 01:48 AM
Im newbie >.<;; what is a clutch dampener? please educate me lol

kandyflip445
10-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Search around for pics of it. Under the passenger side of the car, the side the slave is on there is a block and a couple of loopy tubes. Out of that is a rubber hose that goes to the slave on the tranny. This is the damper. Take out the damper and CAREFULLY bend the hardline to meet up with the line you run to the slave.

You might as well replace the line with a SS version. I have the SPL and there are many others. I think there is a vender selling these in the GB section too.