PDA

View Full Version : S13 Speaker removal

cmathews
02-14-2002, 08:49 AM
Does anyone know how to remove the speaker covers on the front speakers of a '90 240sx coupe? (I beleive them to be regular, not active, speakers.

Thanks

cmathews
02-14-2002, 10:46 AM
Well, I figured out that the speaker covers are attached to the door panel. Then I got the panel most of the way off. (pulled off the window crank) The problem now is that I can't get the panel free from the door handle. An suggestions?

zephyr
02-14-2002, 03:37 PM
pop out the edges of the door handle trim and pull it out by opening the handle a bit and sliding it thru the hole

misnomer
02-14-2002, 05:24 PM
WAIT!!!!

Don't pop off the door handle yet. On the s13, there's a screw at the bottom of the handle under a plastic cover. There's another screw towards the front of the car under another plastic cap. Pull those out, then do what zephyr said. Your entire door panel will need to come off, then there are a coupla screws iirc to remove if you want to pull the speaker cover off of the door panel.

my240likenoother
02-14-2002, 06:21 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from misnomer on 8:24 pm on Feb. 14, 2002
WAIT!!!!

Don't pop off the door handle yet. On the s13, there's a screw at the bottom of the handle under a plastic cover. There's another screw towards the front of the car under another plastic cap. Pull those out, then do what zephyr said. Your entire door panel will need to come off, then there are a coupla screws iirc to remove if you want to pull the speaker cover off of the door panel.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

good point i did that and riped it off and broke the pull handel had to get a new one