PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Car idles Great! but its way to low, adjusted just about everything.

kuruptR
09-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I just swapped this new motor in over the week end. Swap was from a S14WC SR to a S14 Kouki SR20det(only swapped on sensor, oil pres sending unit). I kept my original wiring harness.

Car runs fine and has a really really smooth idle. I set the timing just like my last one, which worked great. Adjusted the TPS and turned the idle screw so much that its gonna fall out, hah. No, but its unscrewed lots.

The car is idleing at 900 at coldstart up, the throttle body then drops it even lower to about 700... still idles fine just really low. When i drive and let of the gas or even parking the rpms go up and i let go of the gas it stalls the car. I know its not the BOV so dont tell me its leaking :)

thats the biggest issue... start up idle is too low and it stalls if the rpms go up slightly and then release off the throttle to stall.

bongnak
09-27-2006, 01:17 PM
wat are your mods? is the blow off vavle vented to atmosphere? why did u re calibrate the tps sensor? and wats "s14wc sr" mean?

kuruptR
09-27-2006, 05:26 PM
wat are your mods? is the blow off vavle vented to atmosphere? why did u re calibrate the tps sensor? and wats "s14wc sr" mean?

the BOV is pretty knew iv been through a few of them, its working fine. Yes i re calibrated the tps. S14 WC is the ECU meaning the generation of S14 motors.

kuruptR
09-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Looks to have been an leaky injector(s) or stuck up. they will be swapped tonight.

kuruptR
09-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Didnt solve the problem, the car does not cold start very well unless i rev it a little bit.

The car stalls on de-accel if no foot on pedal kind of like a leaky BOV but not.

Wideband reads lots of fuel on downshifting, dont know whats up with that.. it should be reading 20+ but its reading 13 14 15's... even though i turned off the fuel for downshifting.