PDA

View Full Version : Shocks question..

97prelude
09-25-2006, 01:02 PM
So I want to find out about getting shocks.

Question is if I get some nice shocks that I can stiffen the ride and so forth like some tiens, is it still necessary to get strut bars to stiffen up the chassis even more? Am I good with just adjustable coils/shocks? Also who knows of some nice ones out there that wont rip a hole in my pocket.

thanks.

DP_Michelle G
09-25-2006, 01:12 PM
PLEASE SEARCH!!! theres tons of info on here your Question has already been answered over and over again

but yes strut braces do help

!Zar!
09-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Best coilovers I've found for the 240's are by AMG.

As for strut bars, go with TRD.

redsuns3838
09-25-2006, 06:35 PM
wow, +1 for being so helpful! ;)

Kouki_2.4
09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
So I want to find out about getting shocks.

Question is if I get some nice shocks that I can stiffen the ride and so forth like some tiens, is it still necessary to get strut bars to stiffen up the chassis even more? Am I good with just adjustable coils/shocks? Also who knows of some nice ones out there that wont rip a hole in my pocket.

thanks.
Depends what ure going to use your car for. Tracking? might as well get a strut bar and some good coilovers. For daily use? coilovers will be just fine.

97prelude
09-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Thats what I am planning now. I already have skunk2 springs on it, so some good shocks and struts, and I should be straight.

OptionZero
09-26-2006, 01:38 PM
you put aftermarket springs on stock shocks?

statik
09-26-2006, 01:50 PM

do you really want him to answer that?

97prelude
09-27-2006, 08:53 AM

I didnt, the guy who had the car before me did. I am getting aftermarket shocks installed on my car in the next few days to go along with those springs. The stock shocks are busted from what I am being told. I am still waiting on getting posession of the 95 240SX, should be today. Then I'll be able to see whats really going on.

I'll be straight up honest..as most of you can tell. I dont know much about suspensions. I've never really dealt with suspensions, plus this is the first rear wheel drive car that I have had. All my other cars have been front, so I have always just engine modded aka bolt-ons.

This will be my first project that I do suspension mods for. So any help is always appreciated.

b4racing
09-27-2006, 09:38 AM
I would say start with the bushings.

OptionZero
09-27-2006, 09:50 AM
how about you search and read before buying more parts?

LB.Motoring
09-27-2006, 09:59 AM
read the rule again, and maybe use this.

www.google.com

ok delete this now, your just getting flamed.

now if the situation was like. Hi, i searched here and there, looking i found this.. but i need your help, I have at least some minor knowlage on this.. etc. Im sure then you would get more help then flame.

done.

NemeGuero
09-27-2006, 10:04 AM
No, I'd still flame him. ;)

WilloW
09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
I suggest buy a FLAME SUIT first, because these guys are roasting you.

aznpoopy
09-27-2006, 05:55 PM
you have springs.
car will be fine if you just get some shocks.
you do not need strut tower bars. they do make a small difference, but they are not high priority.

get shocks and get aligned. i recommend installing the shocks yourself. all you need is some basic tools and a spring compressor, which you can rent for free from autozone or whatever your local auto parts store is.

get an alignment. if the previous owner put springs on stock shocks, so i'm guessing he didn't bother to align the car after lowering.

97prelude
09-28-2006, 04:53 PM
I searched all over the place about everything since im new to the 240 scene. I didnt find all the anwers I was looking for.

i aint worried about getting flamed. I'm still reading the intelligent posts that help newbies out. There are still some people out there that just answer questions and dont get caught up in the "flame suit" reply. LOL

thanks to all that gave me a postive answer.

big_schaf
09-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Get a roll bar too if you want to stiffen up the car..with strut bars, get c/o's fuck random springs and shocks...get fender braces, nismo power brace....there you i helped you!!!:D also get some wide rims with good rubber!!! thats should be pretty much it for susp unless you want to do all the arms, ect