PDA

View Full Version : Bov Problem

DonDeago
09-24-2006, 08:24 AM
since moving my HKS SSQV bov to the hot pipe I have alot of compressor surge and not much bov sound.I pulled the vac line from the bov and there is little to no vac at that end of the hose.The hose is connected to a nipple on the intake mani. There is another nipple next to the one the bov hose is attached to that is capped off.Obviously I need to find a better vac. source, but not sure which source would be preferd.Thanks in advance for any input.S14 SR20DET

Nizzan4u2nv
09-24-2006, 10:19 AM
T-off the brake booster line. Youll need some kind of adapter of course, but nothing you couldnt find at the hardware store.

Silverbullet
09-24-2006, 10:41 AM
one of the vac nipples on the intake manifold wont work for a BOV source for it was ment to be for the charcoal canister that most of us dont run. Switch them around and see how it goes. I tee mine off of the FPR vac line. If all else fails, do what Nizzan4u2nv said. There will be ample vac from there..

NemeGuero
09-24-2006, 10:43 AM
T-ing from the FPR is best for a boost gauge.
Just find another source on the mani.

DonDeago
09-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Hooked up to another vac. source and the bov is working as it should.Now when I pull up to a stoplight and push the clutch in it wants to pass idle and more times than not it will shut off.I tapped into the brake line for the vac. source...suppose that would cause it?TIA

chaS13hatch
09-24-2006, 04:53 PM
use recirculatory valves...BOV's are not functional... j/p :)

NemeGuero
09-24-2006, 10:00 PM
You forgot to plug one of your vacuum lines.

street_white180sx
09-25-2006, 12:06 AM
tighten down your spring on the bov. you bov is stayin open to long after opening tighten it down shud close it quicker. also check to make sure u put on the clamp properly because that can cause a slight boost leak and cause the car to shut off as well.

punxva
09-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Dont adjust your BOV at all, SSQV's arent ment to be tinkered with or adjusted, they arent like the greddy ones where you can tighten down the spring without messing something up