PDA

View Full Version : greddy oil filter relocation question

aznxplayer
09-22-2006, 05:30 AM
so i have one on my car, it has an sr, and i was doing some research on em and i read a thread on here a few years back that its bad for the motor cause of air getting in etc...

i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the greddy kit bcause if so im gnna sell it and get a different brand lol.

give me your input please. thanks.

ballr858
09-22-2006, 05:55 AM
hmm, that sucks if it's true. i was planning on getting one.

TheSquidd
09-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Greddy oil filter relocator + oil cooler = 420806380689$

Ebay:

Nascar style oil cooler: 30$
SS lines : shop around, not much
Oil filter relocator kit W thermostat built in: 75$

redsuns3838
09-22-2006, 02:05 PM
yeah but ive heard some pretty bad stuff about ppl getting ebay oilcoolers, and more so about relocation kits..

read the 240sxforums DIY oil cooler thread. its like a yr or two old but i think there were some good points made about why not to buy an ebay kit or what u need in addition to an ebay kit.

i think takamotorsports sells a reasonably priced kit...if i recall correct.

TheSquidd
09-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Funny I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Certainly beats paying the HILARIOUS price of the greddy kit.

McRussellPants
09-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Greddy oil relocation kits suck ball sack.

Hose barbs can stay far far away from anything that involves catastrophic motor failure when they break.

The Greddy oil coolers suck ass too. the Denso heat exchanger design is 100% based around being cheap.

That being said, you'll only have to start worring about air in your cooler if for some god forsaken reason your using a filter cheap enough to not have a drainback valve. the air should clear out reguardless of weather it has to flow down or not once the oil starts flowing.