PDA

View Full Version : Nick Hogan

HyperTek
09-21-2006, 07:19 PM
I saw him try out for formula d qualifier a few months ago or so at irwindale, and he sucks.. or maybe it was the fear of goin into the wall which resualted in him doing poorly. but i havent followed him recently. Has he improved? I know hes like all the rage in drifting coverage in mags and etc.. but seriously lol

Think Mopar even sees that he sucks? wonder if they will keep him next year

LB.Motoring
09-21-2006, 07:23 PM
LOL, seems like he busted a http://events.clowningaround.com/images/Lookalike%20Photos/ricky%20martin.jpg

did one song, then done for....

I think maybe hogan jumped a little too deep.... If he started from the bottom and worked his way up, im sure he would have gotten much more respect and support, but he jumped in at the top, celebertiess.... :doh:
If he started at the bottom, even i would have prob respected him...

downshift_sideways
09-21-2006, 07:33 PM
agreed /\/\

Suxors is he

A Spec Products
09-21-2006, 08:06 PM
No need to hate on the guy.

At least he's out there trying.

And driving that Viper isn't exactly cake either.

Dousan_PG
09-21-2006, 08:13 PM
haha this is funny coming from hypertek
seriously
at least he tries!!

HyperTek
09-21-2006, 08:18 PM
i jus wanted to know if he has improved..

id be out there too if i had mommy daddy supporting me and filling my wallet.. =p

allblackS14
09-21-2006, 08:20 PM
No need to hate on the guy.

At least he's out there trying.

And driving that Viper isn't exactly cake either.

There is some hating going on, but I can understand. If you saw the interview after he wall-checked the Viper it didn't add to his credibility either. Pfeiffer seemed to intentionally mislead him to talking about the spindles affecting his angle, more so than a tie-rod issue and even Pfeiffer made some comment that seemed cynical referring to earning respect. This was on drifting.com. Doesn't the viper have one of the longest wheelbase(s) in the current league?

Walperstyle
09-21-2006, 08:26 PM
peeps talk as if the respect they give is worth anything.

lol, just do your own thing, do it good. Also realize that you will probably never compete in the D1 anyway.

This thread will end up like people talking about football. Crazy fat fans sitting on the couch trying to make decisions they have no control over.

'da bears'

tbowzer
09-21-2006, 08:50 PM
'da bulls'

adsfad

240's"r"us
09-21-2006, 09:17 PM

id be out there too if i had mommy daddy supporting me and filling my wallet.. =p

hell i would be to he is 15 years old and owns a damn 1000hp supra i wont even have one the time im 80 and on a side note brooke is hott as helll

HyperTek
09-21-2006, 09:28 PM
This thread will end up like people talking about football. Crazy fat fans sitting on the couch trying to make decisions they have no control over.

'da bears'

The thing is.. if your suppose to be pro, yyou should be good. now of course they wont let a fat fan get into the NFL... well thats the point! Mopar sponsered a teen, not hating on him, but he should have a long way to go before getting full sponsership..

i mean we got some good drivers on here, dousan for example etc.. who would be more deserving of a sponsership blah blah

!Zar!
09-21-2006, 09:32 PM
I concur with Aaron and Logan.

Get off the dudes nuts. He isn't the drift king, but last drift battle event he did fairly well.

He drifts a lot better than say "Chewy".

I was apart of the bandwagon that hated Nick.

Then I fucking grew up.

To answer the statement. Yes he has gotten better. and I doubt mopar will drop him. You as well as I know that there are people worse than him still sponsored and in formula d.

statik
09-21-2006, 09:40 PM
http://www.driftlive.com/?p=274

whoops

backroadtouge
09-21-2006, 10:27 PM
i remember reading that he drove a s14 before the viper and thats what he learned basically with? am i crazy for thinking i read this, cause i could sworn his lil post he made on drifting.com said so. im kinda jsut wondering if anyones seen him before at a event, pre viper?

myzislow
09-21-2006, 11:03 PM
hahah... IMO he isnt a very good driver, if you listen to the car during the run he is either (1) scared as f#ck driving that insanely fast mopar, (2) has a limited concept of car control. because he get in the power and kicks out ok and then back off almost instantly when near angle, then when hes headed toward the wall hes all brake and understeer, that thing is a torque monster and I'd rather spin.

not trying to hate and def not on a bandwagon, after all his dad is the sickest "wrestler" ever....HULKAMANIA:bowdown: HAHAHA

Creizai
09-21-2006, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINeKahrFt0

mods please allow this to use html or just do me a favor and us this make a script so we can use tags .

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GINeKahrFt0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GINeKahrFt0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LB.Motoring
09-21-2006, 11:31 PM
That was posted above, look up 2....:doh:

uh... noobs...

TheSquidd
09-22-2006, 12:01 AM

Austin, I love you, but it doesnt take parents to go drift. All it takes is some cheap tires, gasoline, a welded diff and 105$

chmercer
09-22-2006, 12:43 AM
no shit dude

at least go to a drift event one time and under steer around, maybe pchop some smoke on the rear tires, get a couple action shots, then maybe everyone will stop talking shit on you constantly

ramblux
09-22-2006, 12:59 AM
i remember reading that he drove a s14 before the viper and thats what he learned basically with? am i crazy for thinking i read this, cause i could sworn his lil post he made on drifting.com said so. im kinda jsut wondering if anyones seen him before at a event, pre viper?

He never drove the S14.

McRussellPants
09-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Yeah, WTF?

Calling people out on sucking at drifting the bank when all you have under your belt is shitty hardparker shots in a junkyard? Lame.

Furthermore, talking shit about Nick Hogan's parents dumping money at drifting is lame balls.

NEWSFLASH: 90% of racecar drivers got their break after their parents sponsered $50K+ a year rides in karts, midgets, Spec Miata, whatever. Cars are expensive, making it more than a hobby takes more than a job at costco.

I laughed my ass off at his plow session at the qualifier, but he still eats less dick than you.

WILDACEX187
09-22-2006, 01:16 AM
all the comments on the vid say that on his earlier practice runs he was killing it doing sum good driving and then the car started having problems. just like an american car to break down when shit starts getting good :bow:

blu808
09-22-2006, 01:50 AM
I didnt know what to think before meeting him, but i had the chance to hang out with him pretty much all day before the altamont drift battle, and he is actually a really cool guy.

Hes a good guy in my book. and his mom is really nice as well.

A Spec Products
09-22-2006, 01:52 AM
http://images-srv.leonardo.it/progettiweb/showstopper/blog/hulkamania-WM21.jpg

WHATCHA GONNA DO BRUTHURRR

when the millions of fans and these 24 inch pythons run wild on uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i should change my name to hollywood hulk logan

but to stay on topic

nick hogan gets mopar exposure. who cares if he isn't placing, etc, the point is that people are filiming him, interviewing him, and talking about him. so, i think mopar isn't trippin. plus too they have hubinette, so that fool kills it all the time.

im just glad that nick hogan is getting out of that supra dyno queen scene he used to be in. now that was lame. all that HP and nowhere to put it down.

big_schaf
09-22-2006, 02:00 AM
Fuck Nick Hogan....Lets talk about Brooke Hogan:D

TheSquidd
09-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Fuck Nick Hogan....Lets talk about Brooke Hogan:D

Let's talk about fucking a dog while we're at it.

LB.Motoring
09-22-2006, 10:43 AM
^Rofl might as well.... oh plastic facess...

blaze1
09-22-2006, 10:55 AM
I was at the qualifier.... he looked so so with the viper. Alot of smoke, but it wasn't clean like Sam, and he couldn't link the course either. Spun out in the inner bank alot, seems like he was too afraid to use the E brake and had too much clutch kick.

But I think any other privateer would have done better in that car, and they deserve a factory back team.

I heard that nick screwed over a few Florida based S chassis tuners to drive for mopar, and if it wasn't for them Nick wouldn't of got in contact with mopar.

Everyone has the right to critisize him, factory back drivers are supposed to be good.

blaze1
09-22-2006, 10:57 AM
I concur with Aaron and Logan.

You as well as I know that there are people worse than him still sponsored and in formula d.

What!

Who?

!Zar!
09-22-2006, 11:06 AM
What!

Who?
I already stated one, "name".

I don't feel as being so tasteless as to start naming out names.

Use common sense and put two and two together.

S13 Charlie
09-22-2006, 11:53 AM
I don't know if any of you guys made it to the Mopar FD/D1 vs. NASCAR event about a month ago, but even NASCAR drivers, who drive 200mph 3 inches away from the wall and other drivers, were driving that viper like 16 year old girls with learner's permits. To me, that says a lot, i.e. Hubinette's viper is definitely not a toy, and to be timid in its driver seat is not necessarily a bad thing. Imagine if the kid was cocky about it? He'd go in there and hit the wall at 100+ and end up in a wheelchair.. No one would be hating then. Although, we all would still be pining for her sister, yowza!

TheSquidd
09-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Who the hell cares. Professional drifting in USA is gay anyway. Hogan is lame, the idiot wrecked a Viper and blew up his Lambo. :gives:

McRussellPants
09-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Chewbacca ain't formula D.

She has a show car sponsership, like " heres some free mud and snows, I suggest only hard parking on them since we aint giving you anymore. stop talking to us"

McRussellPants
09-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Furthermore,

all you guys saying nicks sister is hot might as well come out and say that you want the Hulk to bend you over like a bitch that forgot to make him his dinner. because when you say you think Nicks sisters hot, we know thats what you mean.

blaze1
09-23-2006, 02:49 AM
Chewbacca ain't formula D.

She has a show car sponsership, like " heres some free mud and snows, I suggest only hard parking on them since we aint giving you anymore. stop talking to us"

I really don't know who you guys are talking about, but if its a girl it only narrows it down to Verna Mei and those DP chicks

VM, shes a decent drifter. Better then hogan, more of a threat on the amateur level then most dudes I see.

DP chicks.... yea those are some hard parkers. What I do like about DP is that there whole organization is just about giving a positive face for drifting and bringing more women into the sport. Even though most of there drivers don't even compete, I respect them. What I don't respect is there amount of sponsors and the talk, one week I seen one of them not able to link Walt James, then the next week at a pro event there telling people they can teach them how to drift....wow.

But I still respect them because they don't do harm to the sport. And Benson is a hell of a guy also, been around the whole scene for about a decade.

TheSquidd
09-23-2006, 02:53 AM
I really don't know who you guys are talking about

Yup, you still don't.

S14DB
09-23-2006, 03:29 AM
I heard that nick screwed over a few Florida based S chassis tuners to drive for mopar, and if it wasn't for them Nick wouldn't of got in contact with mopar.
Yeah, The hulkster stepped in and tried to strong arm this guy that campaigned Nicks S14 for him out of the car on Bubba the Love splooges show. It was pathetic logic that since nick drove the cars they were his.

I have no opinion on his driving since I'm not really into the sport. But, the FL guys seemed to have gotten burned hard once Nick took off in popularity.

marshun
09-23-2006, 05:49 AM
just think of it from the sponsers position. he's a celebrity. he'll bring in the money wether he does well or not. "hogan"

that is all

TheSquidd
09-23-2006, 11:54 AM
just think of it from the sponsers position. he's a celebrity. he'll bring in the money wether he does well or not. "hogan"

that is all

And THAT is why US professional drifting will always FAIL.

ThatGuy
09-23-2006, 11:56 AM
^Good Point.

ondatdryftonyte
09-23-2006, 12:18 PM
WORD, that is a great point

aa87
09-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Haha, next thing we know, they are gonna have celebrity drifting, like at long beach whenever they drove the TCs and they had like Xzibit and whatnot. Hopefully they'll drive a lot of mustangs or soemthing.

Creizai
09-23-2006, 01:29 PM
That was posted above, look up 2....:doh:

uh... noobs...

Its not the same video.. NOOB HAHAHAAH

kognition
09-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately, drifting in the U.S. had been pillaged to the point where Sears has a car?
Why even give celebrities with no talent the valuable threadspace? It seems like drifting has been driven into the ground so fast here, that they have to create stars like Hogan just for ticket sales. That kid has destroyed more money on wheels than i care to think about. Reminds me of the TEAM TYRESE drifting thing. Is that still around?

I don't know if any of you guys made it to the Mopar FD/D1 vs. NASCAR event about a month ago, but even NASCAR drivers, who drive 200mph 3 inches away from the wall and other drivers, were driving that viper like 16 year old girls with learner's permits. To me, that says a lot, i.e. Hubinette's viper is definitely not a toy, and to be timid in its driver seat is not necessarily a bad thing. Imagine if the kid was cocky about it? He'd go in there and hit the wall at 100+ and end up in a wheelchair.. No one would be hating then. Although, we all would still be pining for her sister, yowza!

blaze1
09-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately, drifting in the U.S. had been pillaged to the point where Sears has a car?
Why even give celebrities with no talent the valuable threadspace? It seems like drifting has been driven into the ground so fast here, that they have to create stars like Hogan just for ticket sales. That kid has destroyed more money on wheels than i care to think about. Reminds me of the TEAM TYRESE drifting thing. Is that still around?

Even though I do not agree with celebrates getting sponsors just because there celebrities, whats so wrong with having Sears as a team sponsor? Budweiser sponsors nascar and it doesnt have shit to do with cars. red bull sponsors a team in every single motorsport practically. Sponsors are good for the sport, there a good way to finance your team and a good way for a company to promote them selves.

I don't care what the company is, if the dollar signs are right they can sponsor me. And as far as sears... its sears auto center that sponsors Chris Forsberg. And as far as Chris goes, he has earned every bit of that sponsorship...he is no Nick Hogan. Hes been in the game before there even was a game in America.

American drifting has problems, but its not because of the sponsors. IMO its because of the ever changing rules and the marketing. But as far as a motorsport goes, its the fastest growing motorsport of all time. What more can we ask for, all young companies have there problems. Its when the company stops progressing and stops changing when it becomes BORING....

And that whole Team Tyrese thing (I think you mean Tyson bankford), even though I'm not a big fan of him or his so called team I can honestly say that they progressed. Tyson doesnt drift though so you cant really talk crap, and there sponsors are not stable ones either. They were sponsored by McDonald's, but they dropped them I think.

But the one who drives I think is Tony Brakiohopa, he a decent drifter I guess. He qualifies top 32 but never makes top 16. He supposed to have some road racing background also, but I don't know.

ZX88
09-23-2006, 06:40 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/zx88/lolhogandriftZx88.jpg

Oubre
09-23-2006, 07:29 PM
You can all argue. Dont Hate on him for do something he loves too do. Hes been working with cars for a long time now. He built a supra with 911hp. He not necessarly begging to do stuff as a fad. hes serious. There is a good article in Drifting Magazine on this whole issue. You should all have a read.

CO240
09-23-2006, 08:33 PM
You can all argue. Dont Hate on him for do something he loves too do. Hes been working with cars for a long time now. He built a supra with 911hp. He not necessarly begging to do stuff as a fad. hes serious. There is a good article in Drifting Magazine on this whole issue. You should all have a read.

Well i wouldnt say that HE built it, closer to daddy Hogan but still.... and on another note... Brooke Hogan= FAR FROM ATTRACTIVE!! I think one good hook to the chin could fix that problem.

dr.slide
09-23-2006, 09:11 PM
People on all forums talk too much about this kid. All it boils down to is jelousy. Seriously, drop it, stop worrying about it and go out and drive for yourselfs.

HyperTek
09-23-2006, 09:13 PM
a few months ago, people claimed they didnt care about the commercializing of the drift scene, since they would get more track events and bring more affordibility to the sport...

now people complaining about major non-auto related sponsers and the scene blowing up..

the only reason people dislike the kid is becuase you dont put a popwarner kid into the nfl with endorsments.. but then again, he hasnt yet to make it into formula d right??

sideview_180sx
09-24-2006, 12:41 AM
a few months ago, people claimed they didnt care about the commercializing of the drift scene, since they would get more track events and bring more affordibility to the sport...

now people complaining about major non-auto related sponsers and the scene blowing up..

the only reason people dislike the kid is becuase you dont put a popwarner kid into the nfl with endorsments.. but then again, he hasnt yet to make it into formula d right??

It's funny that you speak about drifting about the 240 community,:gives: go wash your car, take pics of it, don't comment on drifting motorsports to hate on someone when you aren't involved in it at all. Yes Mopar pays attention to anything with there name on it, but I guess you didn't realize he dad is putting up the fundage as well BTW someone wants to buy your LSD, they said it would have a better home.

LB.Motoring
09-24-2006, 12:56 AM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/zx88/lolhogandriftZx88.jpg

lol +1 for you, hahaha damn foo get a job! :keke:

UNITEDMASTER
09-24-2006, 02:09 AM
He built a supra 911hp,LOLLOL,so your saying all the stuff on that car he installed it,he built the motor too I guess. GFR, after reading the whole thread I just had to let it out. If you honestly beleive that all I can say is OMFG!!!

The Riot Hero
09-24-2006, 02:59 AM
Let's talk about fucking a dog while we're at it.

hahaha, nice.

nick hogan will be in formula D next season. he will get better, he has enough money to rent out tracks, drift all day, and hire instructors. so whatevers. stop whining and focus on beating him. itll be that much more satisfying when you beat him when his pops has invested a million bucks in it. thats the way i see. otherwise wahtever i guess he can juggle my balls

!Zar!
09-24-2006, 03:24 AM
This thread is going nowhere, I highly suggest you all leave the photoshops out of it, more than likely you'll get in trouble.

ranger2339
09-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Fuck i wish i had that kind of cash, so what is old man worked hard to get what hes got and now his kids can do what they want.......

Fuck it!!!

I am sure the kid is a nice guy!

Ax

TheSquidd
09-24-2006, 01:50 PM

I believe you're speaking about me. You're right I don't have a problem with the commercializing and popularity of the drift scene in America. There are more track events (well, now theres not shit in CA) and car part prices are insanely low.

That is why I love the commercialization, I can goto events, I can drift more often, I can get parts to fix my car, the world of Amateur drifting has improved ten-fold.

That doesn't change the fact that PROSFESSIONAL US Drifting, sucks. We're too new to it, we're like a child that got a shiny new toy like our big brother Japan and we want everyone to now about it.

I'm not saying we'll never be good, but right now, we're pretty bad. The shows are boring (aside from the actual driving), the drivers aren't as good (though still amazing), the sponsorships are TOO invasive (HERE COMES VAUGHN GITTIN FALKEN TIRES SHARK ENERGY DRINK K&N AUDIO AMERICA APPLES FORD RACING PIE AND CAKE MUSTANG), and it's just decisions like these (allowing celebrity drivers to drive 100,000$+ cars) that aren't the fault of one specific sanctioning body, or company, or person; it's just the American attitude, and it really puts me off of the sport.

LB.Motoring
09-24-2006, 03:55 PM
oh jeez dont fight kiddddzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:keke:

blaze1
09-24-2006, 04:22 PM
hahaha, nice.

nick hogan will be in formula D next season. he will get better, he has enough money to rent out tracks, drift all day, and hire instructors. so whatevers. stop whining and focus on beating him. itll be that much more satisfying when you beat him when his pops has invested a million bucks in it. thats the way i see. otherwise wahtever i guess he can juggle my balls

Why will he be in formula D next year? He doesnt even have a FD licence. I swear if they give him a licence with out earning it, I'm boycotting FD for good and will push for a new drift series.

He might be on the amateur pro circuit depending on his dedication. After seeing those interviews and what not I doubt his dedication because of his whacked excuses, don't say you were scared.

Say your driving skill is poor and I locked the brakes up and sent the car in the wall. We will see, its hard to get a FD licence now that the pro amature series is here. You gotta earn your way now, unless they will still have qualifiers. But I still don't see hogan earning a licence.

Gumballf355
09-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Hogan's best run at Driftbattle was pretty damn good... I would only say that he's not too consistant... but that just comes with time. I think in a year or two if he keeps practicing as much as he does he'll be a contender in no time. It's just seat time and money which I think he has ample of. It just sucks that any average joe that's a drift fan could be in the same place he is if they had a famous daddy and lots of marketability. can't hate the kid for that... I say use whatcha daddy gave ya.

HyperTek
09-24-2006, 05:09 PM
haha its all good.. still the fact remains tho that he got sponserd without skills.. weither we aggree or not.. you guys are right this is America case close =D

sorry if I come on too strong.. i dont have the free time to even consider events in my life since since i work and school like 24/7 on weekends, so i wont diss anyone on the forums for thier driving, guess people see a nice looking s13 and expect all the 240sx in teh world should be ubber tyte drifting since all the 240s where built for that purpose *that seems like the message i get from alot of you guys*. but when someone becomes a media face for a sport, id expect them to be good since they are up there in the spot light.

sideview_180sx
09-25-2006, 04:22 AM
Danica Patrick became the face for IRL..........need we say more about her 'success stories'

S14DB
09-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Danica Patrick became the face for IRL..........need we say more about her 'success stories'
I thought Sam Hornish Jr. was the face of IRL. She still ranked 9th this season which is a lot better than the driver at hand...

tedness
09-25-2006, 01:10 PM
hm, he used to be so 'hardcore supra'. i'm surprised he's not out there drifting his mkiv w/o sponsorship.

...and i didn't realize he was the one driving the mopar viper...

TheSquidd
09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
I thought Sam Hornish Jr. was the face of IRL. She still ranked 9th this season which is a lot better than the driver at hand...

Look on the cover of IndyCar magazine. Look at all the ads, goto a race and see who's face you see EVERYWHERE. It's not about ability in America, it's about recognition. It's about marketability.

Creizai
09-25-2006, 03:38 PM

He didn't build anything he paid a shop to build it. Er I mean his Dad paid a shop to build it.

Farzam
09-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Brooke Hogan is attractive, she just tries too hard.

Anyways, Nick Hogan is deffinately not the most amazing drifter in the world, but you have to appreciate his attitude. He's probably the most positive person i've ever seen. If he gets some balls and commits a little harder, he will go a lot farther in the sport.

caneman8
09-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Danica also worked her way up through the ranks...she wasn't just handed the keys to an indy car. Does her marketaility have to do with her being sponsored by a big team, of course, but she at least has proven her ability. Alhough she drove predominitely road courses before so I had expected her to go to Champ but it didnt happen.

TheSquidd
09-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Danica also worked her way up through the ranks...she wasn't just handed the keys to an indy car. Does her marketaility have to do with her being sponsored by a big team, of course, but she at least has proven her ability. Alhough she drove predominitely road courses before so I had expected her to go to Champ but it didnt happen.

I understand WHY they hump her to death over the fucking guy that WON the Indy 500. I'm just saying it's THAT attitude/reasoning that makes American motorsports fail in my book, everytime.

kenversusryu
09-28-2006, 01:11 AM
Anybody remember the Benihana VIPER doing a wallcheck on the very first d1 at irwindale. AND it was driven by Tarzan yamada if i remember correctly.

Besides, Nick is just a kid.

blaze1
09-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Anybody remember the Benihana VIPER doing a wallcheck on the very first d1 at irwindale. AND it was driven by Tarzan yamada if i remember correctly.

Besides, Nick is just a kid.

please....

Those are very two diferent crashes and very diferent situations

Tarzan's crash: The car was brand new and wasn't dialed in correctly, and he was in drift when he crashed

Hogans crash: The car is dialed in and at the time was ranked #1 in FD, and he was in drift, the steering was full degree to the right(facing the wall) and the wheels were just locked.....

My mom could have avoided that.

HyperTek
09-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Tarzans crash was more then likely he was excited to perform in front of the american crowd.. and if i recall, he wasnt competing, just doing exhibition.

slideways2004
09-29-2006, 08:26 PM
OK. i have never commented about NicK Hogan drifting on the forums, but today i can. Today i worked on and drove a viper. Everything felt great. CLutch, steering, etc. If you know what you are doing, its not hard to drive. The only thing hard for me was getting used to teh 345/30/19 tires. I now have no respect for Nick Hogan as a driver. A good driver can adapt to different cars. That's what makes him better than a regular driver on teh street. From teh crash videos, i can clearly see, he does not have much experince going fast AND taking turns. Before i drove the viper, i used to say, it was a hard car to drive and hogan is still getting used to it. Now after driving a viper, i have changed my mind.

p.s. teh viper is a badass car. everything except for teh crappy rolling stock- 19x13 wheel. 345/30/19 tire

Realchaos1
09-29-2006, 09:14 PM
I spoke with Andy and Richard of Formula D, they both say Nick Hogan actually knows what he's doing regardless of all the negative talk people tend to blurt.

slideways2004
09-29-2006, 10:09 PM
I spoke with Andy and Richard of Formula D, they both say Nick Hogan actually knows what he's doing regardless of all the negative talk people tend to blurt.

richard wang or w/e? the magazine guy?

Realchaos1
09-29-2006, 10:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Realchaos1/richard.jpg

Gumballf355
10-06-2006, 04:20 AM
Richard is an old friend of mine... before SJGP I hadn't seen him in 3 years. He used to be NorCal.
http://www.dropshots.com/photos/149/20060802/042653.jpg
http://www.dropshots.com/photos/149/20060905/151526.jpg
http://wwww.dropshots.com/photos/149/20060906/214046.jpg

Yuri
10-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Seriously who cares anymore?

Nicks an alright guy, he'd probably come off as cooler to most people if he didn't have to live his life in front of a camera, but that's not his fault.

Sure he drives a factory backed Viper, and he got his ride because of his marketibility, but he loves drifting, and he's actually out there driving, I didn't see most of you at Pro-Am, enjoying what Altamont's track had to offer.

He's not yet a threat to any of the really good amatuers, he placed top 8, but was beaten by some mostly stock S13's, a supra and a hachi, but still managed to do better than a large field of competiters, myself in my bone-stock S13 included.
As with everyone there's room for improvement, and it's not like we haven't seen sponsorships like this before. The driver realizes they have to sink or swim, and if they suck they're dropped, if they do good they have a shot at being pro. And Nick seems pretty determined to get an FD license.

All it means is the rest of us have to try harder, and just show the best of our abilities. 600hp is not a cure-all.

Due to the media based culture that's the US, celebrities are always going to get preferential treatment, it's something we have to live with.
Sometimes they're cool sometimes they're not.

But the fact is that Nick is out there driving.
What are you going to do about it?
Go out there and drive against him and see how you stack up against him and his monster viper, or hide behind a computer screen?

TheSquidd
10-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Go out there and drive against him and see how you stack up against him and his monster viper, or hide behind a computer screen?

Eh just continue drifting tiny events and sucking ass.

I don't hate him, I hate the whole American-marketability over driving ability thing. I know, doesn't matter, doesn't change anything, it just makes the sport very unprofessional to me.

Josh
10-06-2006, 11:14 AM
But the fact is that Nick is out there driving.

Agreed. It is one thing to go crash and give up. It's another thing to brush it off and keep going. I chalk up his 'biff' to pressure that was never felt before. Everyone feels it. I first realized he was actually serious when he showed up to the 2005 Tampa Supra meet in a S14 instead of his supra. Give the kid a break.. Like Yuri said atleast he is not a hardparking e-drifter.

This is a dead subject and everyone needs to stop swinging on his nuts.

hitman
10-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I saw him try out for formula d qualifier a few months ago or so at irwindale, and he sucks.. or maybe it was the fear of goin into the wall which resualted in him doing poorly. but i havent followed him recently. Has he improved? I know hes like all the rage in drifting coverage in mags and etc.. but seriously lol

Think Mopar even sees that he sucks? wonder if they will keep him next year

you dont even drift, how are you gonna say he sucks? stfu fag.

TheSquidd
10-06-2006, 12:38 PM
you dont even drift, how are you gonna say he sucks? stfu fag.

Thanx for adding to this thread. :duh:

HyperTek
10-08-2006, 10:01 PM
thats cute whoever gave me the negative rep lol

Russ
10-09-2006, 12:15 AM
I'll say it....I'M JEALOUS! I wish i got free tires and free track time. But for now he would probably make the unsponsored guys like us look good, which is O.K. by me. And i have come to realize, once you grasp the basic concept of drifting, the rest is pretty easy. Its not THAT hard. I'm not saying i'm awesome, but with all this time and money this kid has got on his hands he should greatly improve here in the near future. Till then, I'll still be jealous.

mr2guy7
10-09-2006, 01:20 AM
hes not to bad in this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUz_BaR2GiM
everyone makes mistakes

ballr858
10-09-2006, 02:18 AM
^ i think that was nick hogan's stunt driver

cfrost
10-09-2006, 08:05 AM
don't you guys have better things to do than sit here and STILL be talking about nick hogan?

he crashed the viper a bunch of times. that's our yay moment. now they're going to spend more money on more practice and more cars and eventually he's going to catch up with everyone else because he won't have to save money for this and that and wait for track days to come around. blah blah blah blah blah.

crysis
10-09-2006, 03:23 PM
hogan knows bests is fucking hilarious.

hulk should be driving the car.

hitman
10-10-2006, 01:58 AM
thats cute whoever gave me the negative rep lol

that was me you cock sucker, sorry i forgot to sign the end of it. suck a fat one!!!

A Spec Products
10-10-2006, 03:42 AM
don't you guys have better things to do than sit here and STILL be talking about nick hogan?

seriously.

but to make your visit worthwhile

heres the remix version of "about us" - brooke hogan f. e40 fonzarelli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAwM05d-ok

i think she was just on the cover of FHM as well, i saw the mag at the airport but didnt get a chance to check the pics

crysis
10-10-2006, 01:34 PM
that was me you cock sucker, sorry i forgot to sign the end of it. suck a fat one!!!

you cock sucker who sucks cock and balls and cock that sucks balls and cock

ThatGuy
10-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Hitman and crysis, shut up. If you can't act like adults, you don't need to be here. Understand? If not, I'll be happy to ban you until you do understand.

crysis
10-11-2006, 10:12 AM
/sarcasm

shrug

punxva
10-11-2006, 11:38 AM
To be completly honost, i think its good that he is trying to become better, if you really think about it, hes doing the exact same thing A nybody else whos trying to learn how to drift. You cant tell me that the first time you drifted on a track you pulled a smokey drift while connecting 3 turns. Just give the kid a break, the only difference between him and us is that he has the money be it from his father or his sponsers, to be able to practice basically as much as he wants. If anything i think we should try and respect him for attempting. Thats my 2 cents

bryce with a y
10-11-2006, 12:50 PM
serisouly kill this thread

Yuri
10-11-2006, 12:57 PM
^I second that motion.

crysis
10-11-2006, 02:46 PM
not having shift-lock is stupid.