PDA

View Full Version : MAF & Boost Questions...Sorry im a bit of a noob....

3_hun_zx
09-21-2006, 03:05 PM
hey im sorry if someone has already asked this question but i tried searching and didnt come up with anything

my question is,
A) i am wondering what the best upgraded maf would be under my setup,
B) what things must be done to ensure a safe 15psi boost level?

im running a sr20 redtop in my s13, right now running stock boost but plan on running it at 15psi once i get my boost controller hooked up, i have a greddy fmic, and walboro 255 fuel pump, stock t25, stock injectors, stock everything else....what other upgrades must be done to make this as safe as possible?

last thing i want to do is throw in my boost controller and set it at 15 pounds and fuck something up....

and im looking to upgrade my maf, my stock maf is giving me problems so i thought id just upgrade the whole thing, i was thinking of getting a z32 maf but if i understand correctly to do that you will need to get an upgraded ecu or reprogram the stock one? what would u guys recomend given my current setup? and id like to keep it as simple as i can...

sorry again for the question as im sure this has been asnwered countless times before this

!Zar!
09-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Buy a n62(z32) maf, and then you'll need form of engine managment.

There really isn't anyway around it.

Unless you hack your maf, or try making the maf further from the turbo.

I mean if you went so far as to swap/purchace? a sr, then go ahead and get a afc/enthalpy or something of that nature.

cotbu
09-22-2006, 06:43 AM
For the low bucks approach i'd say N62 mafs, SAFC, And adjstable FPR....along with an hour of dyno time with wideband. None of this will go to waste, when you upgrade turbo an injectors. I run the same setup, and need to upgrade, 13psi leaves me room for spikes. Depending on your boost controller, you may want to set boost a little lower, the dyno and wideband will help you.