PDA

View Full Version : Quality Of Megan Racing Toe Links?

the bee guy
09-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Has anyone used the Megan Racing Rear Toe Links before? Looking at a set for my S14 but I'm not sure of Megan Racings quality, especially when it comes to important things like Toe Links. I originally wanted the SPL's but these are almost $150 less. Any feedback?

Thanks!

http://www.meganracing.com/uploadImage/regular/toe-arm-S14.jpg

Team Rootbeer
09-17-2006, 01:17 PM
i plan on buying a set too, but im sure the quality is good, i have their coils and they are titties!

im glad they started making susp. arms. its taking me too long to save up for SPL stuff =( extracollegeclassesownme style

az_240
09-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I went with SPL cuz I dont want my stuff to break

LocalStreetHero
09-17-2006, 11:20 PM
SPL is the ish, but that doesnt mean they are guaranteed not to break. But pretty damn close lol.

Megan just came out with inner and outter tie rods for the s13. I'll be getting a set and letting every1 know how they are.

Flybert
09-18-2006, 01:49 AM
When it comes to the quality of the arms, it's all about the bearings. Find out what kind they use and compare them to the SPL stuff. Then make your decision based off of that. The chinese brand stuff usually have bad bearings on them and they start clunking over time.

HyperTek
09-18-2006, 01:44 PM
your in socal, so im sure if something broke, you could go to thier hq and knock a few heads around or they would try to work wiht you. =D

positron
09-18-2006, 01:51 PM
When it comes to the quality of the arms, it's all about the bearings. Find out what kind they use and compare them to the SPL stuff. Then make your decision based off of that. The chinese brand stuff usually have bad bearings on them and they start clunking over time.Do you mean like those spherical bearings?

Dousan_PG
09-18-2006, 01:56 PM
why waste money on shit suspension partS?
we've all seen thes type of crap quality break, fall apart, sqeak and make noises

start buying quality stuff instead of going cheap.
on a budget? get a second job, borrow 10 bucks from all your friends, eat ramen noodles

still cant afford

here's a newflash:

A CAR HOBBY IS NOT FOR YOU.
start collecting pennies you find on the street. and put them on the train track and make a collection and crushed and squished coins.

ive ran SPLParts.com suspension arms onall 3 of my cars
for over the past 5 years
the s13 had them so far the longest, about 2.5 - 3 years
never a problem never had to do any maintenance and never broke, cracked, bent, made noise nothing!
thats quality
stop going cheap because in the long run you'll end up upgrading to the quality stuff, and spending more money over time. buy the right stuff ONE TIME and be done!

koukimonster139
09-18-2006, 02:04 PM
here's a newflash:

A CAR HOBBY IS NOT FOR YOU.
start collecting pennies you find on the street. and put them on the train track and make a collection and crushed and squished coins.

ROFL
I used to do that. get spl no worries.

Dousan_PG
09-18-2006, 04:10 PM
oh and if i wasnt running SPL id run battle versoin
top 2 suspension companies in the sua

why?
quality and imo the most important SUPPORT
both companise back their stuff up 100%. always looking out for their customres. always!

rim_bender
09-18-2006, 08:29 PM
whatever

thats how business works man

when your the first to come out with something you can charge a shitload, but as soon as the same product comes out from a competitor theres is cheaper.

That doesnt mean in anyway that the other company makes shit products

thats common sense

im personally gonna be buying the megan racing toe arms tommorow.

what kind of support from a company are you gona get for some toe arms? gonna tell you how to install them? As long as the pillow ball is decent quality they are all the same, its a freaking peice of metal for sakes.

Dousan_PG
09-18-2006, 08:45 PM
no
when it breaks (faulty part/upgrades) they replace it
ive seen BOTh companies (BV/SPL) do it

if ur megans break street driving, im sure u wont a replacemtn

you also obviously know nothing about quality suspension parts. so go buy your megan. join the ranks of project silvia and ebay special parts.

yeah metal is metal. suuuuuuure keep telling yousrelf that.

McRussellPants
09-18-2006, 09:03 PM
what kind of support from a company are you gona get for some toe arms? gonna tell you how to install them? As long as the pillow ball is decent quality they are all the same, its a freaking peice of metal for sakes.

Ugh.

Try again man. This is like 240SX 101, everyone knows the ebay links will rust and break/ wear stupid fast, and sorry brodiddily, Megan might as well be ebay.

rim_bender
09-18-2006, 09:04 PM
no
when it breaks (faulty part/upgrades) they replace it
ive seen BOTh companies (BV/SPL) do it

if ur megans break street driving, im sure u wont a replacemtn

you also obviously know nothing about quality suspension parts. so go buy your megan. join the ranks of project silvia and ebay special parts.

yeah metal is metal. suuuuuuure keep telling yousrelf that.

you know what i mean.

i ahve bought plenty of SPL suspension parts, and also cheaper brands, they have all worked the same for me, and it is not possible to put a car through more abuse than i do. I have no complaints about any of them

rim_bender
09-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Ugh.

Try again man. This is like 240SX 101, everyone knows the ebay links will rust and break/ wear stupid fast, and sorry brodiddily, Megan might as well be ebay.

you have a spl parts link in your sig, your biased, and im not talking about the crap super knock off ebay stuff

megan racing has alot more quality in there products than alot of the super cheap stuff.

Ricks15
09-18-2006, 09:27 PM
For suspension arms and links the #1 priority outta be safety and the quality of the part, skimping for quality for something that will cost you less will put you in danger or even others weather you're at the track or on the street.

rim_bender
09-18-2006, 09:33 PM
For suspension arms and links the #1 priority outta be safety and the quality of the part, skimping for quality for something that will cost you less will put you in danger or even others weather you're at the track or on the street.

i agree, but can you show me that the megan racing tow arms arent good quality?

LocalStreetHero
09-18-2006, 10:27 PM
i agree, but can you show me that the megan racing tow arms arent good quality?
+1 for that. So far I've heard every1 say they are crap, but no one say "hey I've tested them out and they broke..ect".

I got all this same BS when the coilovers came out. I was one of the earliest owners of a set and I have no complaints. I will admitt the only other coilovers i've experienced are KTS, JIC, and Tein. But none like Stance, Zeal, whatever else is considered to be high end as those. So everyone said MR coilovers were garbage, I was stupid and Dont go the cheap route. Well I'm still here loving the coilovers.

As for the new suspension arms...They "look" good to me. But what do i Know, lol. They have boots around the ends which I really like and look pretty strong. Please dont show a pic of SPL, or BV RUCAS compared to the MR's tho. Oh man thats totally obvious. But I would rather have those than EBAY ones. Not that obvious with the other arms. All the other expensive brands have a good name for them and customers trust them. But people think since they pay more, its with out a question, super superior to all others.I read somewhere, I dont know if its true, that the megan racing coilovers are going to cost somewhere around $1200 in the future. Now, Just as the other brand names, they are a quaility proven product. So they can hike up the price with the likes of the other brands. Thus making people put them with all other "expensive" brands.

Sorry for the rant-like post. I just dont like people dissing something they've never experienced. Those of you who stand by what you run on ur car, I TOTALLY understand. SPL, Battle Version, Stance, ect are the sh!t. But just because you put down extra money for those products doesnt mean all other products are garbage. Like I said, I'll be going with the tie rods, tension rods, and maybe something else soon. If they work out/ break on me at the first event they face I will post it. If you wanna say you told me so, I will man up and own it. Time will tell :blah: :blah:

McRussellPants
09-18-2006, 10:32 PM
you have a spl parts link in your sig.

Following that logic...

You're biased because you just bought megan links and you're trying to justify being cheap.

megan racing has alot more quality in there products than alot of the super cheap stuff.

Yeah, bro. Thats totally a good way to look at things. Hey, it sucks, but i doesn't suck as bad as ebay so its cool. That thought will pay for the tow when your shitbox is in a fucking K-rail because your toe link is MIA. Low end links suck ass, either accept it and buy them anyway or get Peak, SPL or BV.

You think Megans gonna care when your heim joint starts going out with 1000 miles on it? you think that even happens with an SPL, Peak or BV link? get a clue man. Just because you can quote some bullshit econ 101 about how companys get knocked off doesn't make Megan suck less.

TokyoNights
09-18-2006, 11:23 PM
whatever
they are all the same, its a freaking peice of metal for sakes.
http://www.d-faction.com/pictures/mike/ruca.JPG
just a piece of metal right? hah
and this was just mostly daily driving on a s14 with just a few events

Ive had battleversion for a long time on my s13 for the last setup
at least 12-13+events on them,, countless road trips, hard street driving..etc.

guess what,,,,,,still perfect

ohh and the pillowballs on cheap shit DO wear alot faster and start clunking

plus Ive bent BV toe rods and Alex sent me replacement center sections, that called customer support incase you didnt know

SPL from my experience have been awesome

fuck you.
DIE.

rim_bender
09-18-2006, 11:23 PM
dood

i have stated that i have bought and used spl parts

i had t/c rods by spl parts and they started clunking and making noise, so they arnt sooo superior as tyou claim for them to be

and you totally misqouted me on the last thing caus i didnt say megan racing was a shitty brand, and i havent bought the megan racing toe arms yet either, so all your arguments are irrelevant cause you have bad reading comprehension skills, sorry

rim_bender
09-18-2006, 11:25 PM
http://www.d-faction.com/pictures/mike/ruca.JPG
just a piece of metal right? hah
and this was just mostly daily driving on a s14 with just a few events

Ive had battleversion for a long time on my s13 for the last setup
at least 12-13+events on them,, countless road trips, hard street driving..etc.

guess what,,,,,,still perfect

ohh and the pillowballs on cheap shit DO wear alot faster and start clunking

plus Ive bent BV toe rods and Alex sent me replacement center sections

SPL from my experience have been awesome

fuck you.
DIE.

well i ahve used spl parts too, and i had clunking from them also, im glad you bent toe arms, that dont say anything abiut the megan racing arms

im not saying at all that spl parts or BV have bad parts, for some reason your trying to prove to me that.

also, are those arms in the pic megan racing? didnt think so

they are a legitimate company, im not talking about anything you can buy, im talking about megan racing toe arms

when yall can show me where some megan racing toe arms have faild ill switch sides

its common sense people, BV and spl parts and whoever had years of a headstart making products, of course the first people that come out with them are gonan charge whatever they want, and people will by them, thr eis nothing wring with abnother company comming out with the same product but selling ti at a cheaper price, that DOES NOT MEAN that it is any less quality

Dousan_PG
09-19-2006, 12:06 AM
you wont get it
its a dead subject
just buy them
its ok to be on a budget. no need to look for other people's suppport/advice. draw a pic so mom can put it on the fridge for you, mmk honey?

rim_bender
09-19-2006, 12:12 AM
dont patronize me like somehow your better than me

thats BS

no, you dont get it, becasue you CANT show me where megan racing arms have failed. Your trying to push wrong information that for some reason you beleive to be fact about nothing you have ever tried before. There are plenty of people that use there products with 100% satisfaction, you saying tht they will break or whatnot is jsut an opinion, your opinion, which is totally based on nothing, no facts.

Tell me why another comany cant make an equaly quality product for less?

would you still by the same dvd player today for the price it ouwld cost 8 years ago? same shit dood, get over yourself

SR240DET
09-19-2006, 01:30 AM
no rod end should use any kind of boot. You are just asking for increase wear on the rod end over time since all the boot really does is trap water,mud,dirt,whatever inside the boot.

redsuns3838
09-19-2006, 02:25 AM
lesse-
pay extra 150 and break ur shit and get it replaced IF it ever breaks...orrr save a few bux and have to buy a new one WHEN megans shit breaks?

this thread shoudl NOT be in techtalk, its just a bunch of ppl getting butthurt cuz theyre too cheap to buy quality parts and dont like the fact that ppl disagree with it.

McRussellPants
09-19-2006, 08:07 AM
no, you dont get it, becasue you CANT show me where megan racing arms have failed.

Because the Megan links came out, what? a week ago?

Hundreds of people have been running SPL/BV for upwards of 5 years. Show me one megan link that has done that? Wait, they just came out because it took Megan a while to figure out that they could take some potmetal and throw a legit looking end on it and people will buy it thinking that "the rod end is the only part that matters".

Don't accuse people of pushing false information when the only info you have is "heres this nappy link that came out a week ago, it doesn't look like total ass in my face so SPL/BV isn't worth it"

rim_bender
09-19-2006, 08:31 AM
ya a week ago, so how do you know they are crap for quality? no one has said that yet? tell me why, prove to me they are crap quality.

and again, quit trying to make me beleive that the others are good, i know that, i never said the wernt.

when you can tell me why the megan racing ones are bad qaulity, i will beleive you.

Creizai
09-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I ordered Megan Links rear RUCA, And TC Rod. I bought Peak Performance Rear Toes since the Megans had not come out when I bought them. If anything breaks I'll post it up the moment it does.

Everyone Did say Megan Coilovers were total shit and to totally skip them. All the local KA 240sx drifters pretty much bought them and they loved them and not had any problems. So thats why i decided to at least try these out its a decent gamble.

prsfan01
10-31-2006, 09:01 AM
IMO...most of the people on this forum are way to overbearing! If someone can't afford the best stuff and they buy something cheaper at least they are trying guys! Let's try to be supportive here...."Can't we all just get along!"

FaLKoN240
10-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Rim_Bender, why don't YOU be the first to tell us that the parts suck, WHEN they break?

BOROSUN
10-31-2006, 11:44 PM
before you install it, you have to bless them... go to a church and ask the lord "please lord let thee suspension not break." then submerge in holly water.

now, your bless with jesus power protecting your suspension parts. as long you have faith, i know it works, cause thats what i did.

im J/k btw :p or am i?

John_R
11-16-2006, 09:15 AM
** Rant begin**

You know. I have lurked online for a few years reading a lot of reviews, opinions, and bullsh!t. To be honest, I say go for the Megan's. After reading 4-5 different forums, talking to local drifters, etc, Megan Racing is a decent company. Sure, they aim towards more of the budget street car guys (and girls). But a lot of people compete and perform very well on nothing but budget parts.

Isn't that the reason most people go for a KA-T? Because for the same or less amount of money you'd get an SR installed you could have more HP. Yet, IMHO, the SR and RB is a superior motor. If you have unlimited amount of funding. So why aren't you all running an RB26DET(T)? Since you run the best suspension parts, why aren't you running one the most capable motors?

I'm assuming that its not economical. Most of you would agree. So, someone with a much smaller budget than yourself. Going SR, and RB, is probably already out of the question. So why not try and save money on a brand that other people are VERY happy with? Seems logical to me. Thats why people buy 5zigens, Sport Max, etc. Because they are able to do what they love without making everyday life hard. So why aren't you supporting these guys? They are supporting the sport that you love. Without them there are a lot of companies and events that wouldn't even exist!

**End of Rant**

speedstar01
11-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Amen to that, seriously lets try and support each other. our opinions and beliefs can be completely our own but lets not bad mouth somebody else for taking a risk with a new part from a not so prestigous brand. sometimes life IS about taking risks, going against the everyday norm, and trying new products...

i personally have Battle Version RUCAS,Toe Links, and Tension Rods for the past year on my S13 and im in love. sometimes i do wonder if i could have owned a similar product for less money....

if guys want to try out Megans let them (im actually looking into a set of traction rods for myself) please post your reviews on megan products and we will go from there.

All this back and forth opinion BS is getting people no where fast and is exhausting to read through when actually looking for an actual review :)

:) peace :)

anotherblusi
11-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Ok let me break it down. If everyone goes out and buys megan strut bars, short shifters, test pipes, or gauges, who cares. Why? They aren't exactly critical components on your car. If they break, who cares, just buy another.

Suspension arms are different, they are critical components!!!
1. If they arms break the can cause an accident or leave you stranded. Then you have to spend money on towing, replacement part, and realignment.
2. If the ball joints develop play, the car will start to feel unstable because of the changing alignment. The can also cause you to lose control of the car.
3. You want the arms to hold up while driving, but you want them to break when you get in an accident. Arms that are made too "beefy" will transfer all the force of an impact into the chassis.

Now someone mentioned that BV and SPL charge a lot because they were the first. That is not entirely correct. Because they were the first, they had to put in the time to R&D there products. Actually this is valid for BV stuff since SPL is just nams. Anyways, now you have megan racing who just copies someone elses design but with lower quality parts and material to lower their costs.

Now, someone mentioned that megan arms were $150 less that BV arms. Then by simple logic, if the quality were equal then BV is making $150+ profit for the arms. This is clearly not possible. The only other reason for this kind of price offset is that megans cost on the arms is much much less. And the only way the cost per arm could be that low would be cheaper materials and cheaper labor. This to me is proof enough of megans quality.

-Bluefire

Also a bigger aspect in suspension arms are when should they bend/break vs. when they shouldn't. Ideally you want the arms to handle any kind of stress put on the car while driving it, but you want them to bend/break when they are impacted.

John_R
11-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey, don't get my wrong. I TOTALLY agree with a lot of what you have to say.

Specifically :
Suspension arms are different, they are critical components!!!
1. If they arms break the can cause an accident or leave you stranded. Then you have to spend money on towing, replacement part, and realignment.
2. If the ball joints develop play, the car will start to feel unstable because of the changing alignment. The can also cause you to lose control of the car.
3. You want the arms to hold up while driving, but you want them to break when you get in an accident. Arms that are made too "beefy" will transfer all the force of an impact into the chassis.

Well said, and it is something important to consider. Just like street racing. Everyone here will call you a fool for doing it. But how many of you have tested fast(er) cars on an interstate? Probably most of us, if not all of us, have drove our cars close to the realm of losing control. If not, at least done parking lot drifting, or something along those lines. Then again, how many of us spend our time on the track. I'm guessing at around 20% of us. I bet those are the people with Tien, Stance, SPL, built engines,etc. The rest of us only want something that performs better than stock(at least added adjustability), is semi reliable on the street (not track) and doesn't break our bank account.

If ANYBODY only cared about "if they could wreck" we wouldn't:
Stretch tires
Lower our cars
drift anywhere
drag anywhere
modify our engines
wait.... Let me make this easy.. We wouldn't be driving a light weight, RWD, economical, sport compact. We'd be driving family sedans. Volvo's or something. Aren't they the safest crash rated cars?

Hell, I know a lot guys that don't even have airbags in their cars. So you can't tell me that wrecking is really on anyones mind when you tell them they could possibly save half their money on parts that won't last as long as high quality stuff, but still get a similar setup.

Example:
Megan Racing Tie Ends,Fr Tension,Rear Traction, Toe Control = $362

SPL Parts = Tie Ends,Fr Tension,Rear Traction, Toe Control = $790

Thats $428 I saved. Sure it's a risk because the parts aren't proven... I know that their coilovers hold up pretty good. They seem like a much more complex part than say arms and ends. Someone out there is buying this stuff, and I don't hear anyone complaining. So, until we see "bad results" that Megan won't support or fix, I don't think you can tell anyone here $482 isn't worth anything, even if it is a risk. With the money saved... I can afford to lose this hand and still have chips to play.

Just my opinion, and thanks for your concern for our safety and others on the road. (thats sincerity, not sarcasm) Unfortunately, this is a battle of each and every individual's opinion. But hopefully, these differences of opinions will help others make a decision they are most comfortable with.

John_R
11-16-2006, 01:57 PM
One more thing to consider, but is difficult to prove in a lot of cases:

Now, someone mentioned that megan arms were $150 less that BV arms. Then by simple logic, if the quality were equal then BV is making $150+ profit for the arms. This is clearly not possible. The only other reason for this kind of price offset is that megans cost on the arms is much much less. And the only way the cost per arm could be that low would be cheaper materials and cheaper labor. This to me is proof enough of megans quality.

Now, I am pointing out that I respect your opinion here. I am not trying to convince "You" or anyone else otherwise. Just throwing a couple theories and idea's out there for people to consider.

I used to sell Alltel Cellular. I didn't have a huge operation, just a couple of stores. This was my first taste of retail. So I started calling around for distributors and accessory suppliers. I started by selling OEM Motorola chargers, cases, etc. When I started having retruns/defects, etc I got really irratated. I was paying $11 for chargers made by motorola. and having 1/3 of them come back for replacement within 30 days. Alltel retail was selling them for $29.95. I decided to sell them for $20, until I figured out why. They were cheap junk.

I couldn't imagine how someone could screw up some wires and resistors. But in searching I found a 3rd party charger for (sit down please) $1.50ea. So I took a risk and bought a large quantity. Guess what? I had maybe 5 get returned out of 100. Not to mention, I could lower the prices, attracting more buyers for a more reliable product.

So consider that Megan racing made quality product. Even if it is a copy of someone else's (why pay for R&D when someone will do it for you? LOL... Sorry) product. How do you get well known in relatively small buyer's market. You offer something everyone else has, at a greatly reduced price. If they can produce a product that proves itself to even 30% of the market this year, by this time next year they are guaranteeing that their "following" will probably double, if not triple. This will in turn set their company up to "raise" the prices of their product and in turn support the following which have grown to respect them. Surely, most people that originally bought megan and had good experience with them will continue to purchase their product even if they do raise prices up gradually.

I'm not saying this is Megan Racing's business plan. But it was mine along with a lot of other successful companies. As long as they don't create a product that completely fails at what it was designed to do, I would expect to see this company grow until one of the larger competitors purchases them out or they decide to grow with the trends. So far, they've done "better than average", so why would you expect any less now. I'm at least going to give them the benefit of a doubt, and see how their new product line holds up to the "hard parkers" here.

naed240sx
11-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Megan is nothing but a resaler that sells cheap rebadged shit from korea/taiwan/etc (the same shit that makes it onto ebay under other names). They won't replace anything if it breaks, and their arms are far more likely to break than SPL's. Why risk it?

As another guy said, buying cheap MR or ebay stuff that is non-critical like exhausts or intercoolers is fine. Buying cheap suspension arms is fucking stupid.

It's totally worth it to buy from a company that has the kind of reputation, service, and values that SPL does.

gotta240
11-16-2006, 08:46 PM
you guys who say that these aftermarket HIGH END parts are designed to break in an accident are fucking tools. They are designed for pure racing and built as STRONG as possible. Has anyone seen spl's tension rods? FUCKING HUGE.

My question is..where and for how much can i buy high quality ENDS at. I wouldn't mind buying megan arms and replacing with quality joints.....after all, the joints are the weak link.

naed240sx
11-16-2006, 10:31 PM
you guys who say that these aftermarket HIGH END parts are designed to break in an accident are fucking tools. They are designed for pure racing and built as STRONG as possible. Has anyone seen spl's tension rods? FUCKING HUGE.

Quoted for truth, although I wouldn't say that they are built as strong as possible, because that would result in some retardedly bulky and heavy arms. They are designed to be more than strong enough. But yeah, they certainly aren't designed to break during an accident. Yes, that means that if you have full aftermarket arms you will probably fuck up your subframe pretty bad in an accident, but that is the price you pay for having arms that won't randomly snap during hard driving.

My question is..where and for how much can i buy high quality ENDS at. I wouldn't mind buying megan arms and replacing with quality joints.....after all, the joints are the weak link.

QA1 makes excellent rod ends, but it may be difficult to find the correct thread pitches. Remember that a lot of people have actually snapped or bent the arm itself. The rod end may or may not be the weakest point, but you aren't gonna end up with quality arms just by replacing the rod ends.

n2n2i
11-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Don't mean to change the subject, but has anyone had experience with powertrix suspension parts, sold over on the sponsors page?

Boostin240sx
11-17-2006, 06:36 PM
I had SPL on my first 240, KTS on my second and I have had the MR tie rods for a little over a month on my current 240 and I have no complaints. They don't show any wear on the ends and have over 1000 miles on the horrid roads of VA. Take it for what you will.

anotherblusi
11-18-2006, 02:20 AM
One more thing to consider, but is difficult to prove in a lot of cases:

Now, I am pointing out that I respect your opinion here. I am not trying to convince "You" or anyone else otherwise. Just throwing a couple theories and idea's out there for people to consider.

I used to sell Alltel Cellular. I didn't have a huge operation, just a couple of stores. This was my first taste of retail. So I started calling around for distributors and accessory suppliers. I started by selling OEM Motorola chargers, cases, etc. When I started having retruns/defects, etc I got really irratated. I was paying $11 for chargers made by motorola. and having 1/3 of them come back for replacement within 30 days. Alltel retail was selling them for $29.95. I decided to sell them for $20, until I figured out why. They were cheap junk.

I couldn't imagine how someone could screw up some wires and resistors. But in searching I found a 3rd party charger for (sit down please) $1.50ea. So I took a risk and bought a large quantity. Guess what? I had maybe 5 get returned out of 100. Not to mention, I could lower the prices, attracting more buyers for a more reliable product.

So consider that Megan racing made quality product. Even if it is a copy of someone else's (why pay for R&D when someone will do it for you? LOL... Sorry) product. How do you get well known in relatively small buyer's market. You offer something everyone else has, at a greatly reduced price. If they can produce a product that proves itself to even 30% of the market this year, by this time next year they are guaranteeing that their "following" will probably double, if not triple. This will in turn set their company up to "raise" the prices of their product and in turn support the following which have grown to respect them. Surely, most people that originally bought megan and had good experience with them will continue to purchase their product even if they do raise prices up gradually.

I'm not saying this is Megan Racing's business plan. But it was mine along with a lot of other successful companies. As long as they don't create a product that completely fails at what it was designed to do, I would expect to see this company grow until one of the larger competitors purchases them out or they decide to grow with the trends. So far, they've done "better than average", so why would you expect any less now. I'm at least going to give them the benefit of a doubt, and see how their new product line holds up to the "hard parkers" here.

See the problem with this kind of thinking is that you support companies that copy and undercut other peoples parts. Yes in the short run it is beneficial for the consumer, but it is detrimental to us in the long run. Why are so many japanese companies unwilling to sell to the U.S. market... Or if they do why are they pricing it so high? Companies like Megan are leeches. The suck the hard working companies dry, putting them out of business. Why would anyone want to continue to innovate and develop NEW parts when they are just going to be copied and sold for less? I personally choose to support hard working Americans and insure that they get paid what they deserve.

And I also want to clarify that most of my comments were based off BV parts not SPL/Nams parts. So to those who are saying that the SPL/Nams arms will not break/bend under hard impacts might very well be right...

Also another good point that was brought up was in changing the rod ends out with higher quality ones. But the problem there is that the cheapo megan arms most likely use uncommon coarse threaded rod ends. So instead of spending $30 on a replacement rod end, you have to spend another $150 on an entirely new arm, which would still use a shitty rod end.

viperbite
06-25-2009, 08:11 PM
i know this is a big bump from the dead, i saw the dates.

but i had megan rear toe links go bad. the joints developed about 2 degrees of wheel play.

ive also had megan racing front tie rods develop play in the inner tie rod ball joints aswell.

my tension rods are feeling loose ish right now and im going to be replacing them soon. megan racing products are just as bad as any other ebay products. as mentioned in this thread before they are rebadged ebay stuff.

ive talked to countless people who have been into 240's and imports since 10+ years ago. without fail everyone who i know and respect, who knows a damn about cars have all said megan racing joints are just not up to par with any of the other joints out there.

sorry for the thread bump again. just wanted to chime in.