PDA

View Full Version : Difference between USDM and JDM stock exhaust sizes, s13

driftkid316
09-12-2006, 11:14 PM
getting right of my huge n1 and gona run electric cutout for my sr. just wondering the difference between the sizes between us and jdm stock exhaust sizes. if US is smaller, which it probably is, will it create too much back pressure?

ManoNegra
09-13-2006, 11:56 AM
1st - Learn proper grammar
2nd - what the hell does the exhaust has to do with 'electric cutout'?
3rd - The two US and JDM oem catbacks are probably the same but who cares since they both are restrictive to turbo motors.
Do you even understand what back pressure is and it's effect on na vs turbo motors?

driftkid316
09-13-2006, 01:08 PM
first off i did a typo, meant gettin Rid of huge n1. and yes i do understand the effects of back pressure on na and turbo motors. and the electric cutout has to do with the exhuast cause it goes on the exhaust system. obviously the stock catbacks are restrictive to turbo motors, what oem exhausts arent restrictive to their motors. the point of my question was if the JDM stock one was larger, would using the US one be too small, creating too much back pressure. I just want to run a quiet stock looking exhaust, and thats where the cutout comes in, so i can flip the switch and run open downpipe.

Neejay
09-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Are you basically asking if you used a USDM cut-out, would that be too restrictive on JDM piping?

kensreliableb18b
09-13-2006, 02:07 PM
running usdm exhaust with sr wont blow up your motor. so just put on your cutout.

spirit
09-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm running a stock replacement on my sr20det, made by bosal. Made for the 240sx fits just fine on my sr20det. Car runs fine, only thing that might be an issue, turbo spool up... I get mad power jump at 3k rpm (bad enough to not spin tires at take off but as soon as I hit 3k rpm it breaks loose).

bleachcola
09-13-2006, 02:13 PM
i think he wants to go back to a quiet stock exhaust while driving normally, but have the cutout option near the downpipe for when he is racing etc. that way the turbo wont have any back pressure which is best.

ManoNegra
09-13-2006, 02:30 PM
So this is what you were referring to by 'electronic cutout' (http://phase2motorsports.stores.yahoo.net/ap3excovan.html)?
(electronic cutout = battery kill switch to most people)
Seen video of Japanese cars running them
work fine, no worries if driving normally
70mm so it's better for 3" catbacks.

Darkvillin
09-13-2006, 09:13 PM
what's wrong with running an exhaust like the rsr? it looks stock, sounds really quiet, and when you get on the gas it isnt restrictive. i say look into it.

backroadtouge
09-13-2006, 09:17 PM
get the jdm exhaust so you can say "my car farts jdm" ans do a cool pose. jus tmessing. but rly. get it so you can say that.

NemeGuero
09-13-2006, 09:48 PM
A J and a US.