PDA

View Full Version : Ques: S14 Reverse Sensor diagram

BlackSilvia96
09-12-2006, 03:29 AM
My friend did his KA auto to manual swap in his 96 S14, using a s13 tranny. He needs to wire his reverse lights. We had a friend do but it still dosent work, he said he did everything correctly. I searched but couldn't find the diagram for the reverse sensor. Anyone that can shed light on this subject is greatly appreciated, and if you had already did this can you take a picture of where your harness plugs in to and show us the actual harness so we can see what color pins they are.....Any info is greatfull....Thank You very much...

hkdm
09-12-2006, 05:32 AM
that used to be my case when i had my hachi and did a auto-manual swap, couldn't really find out at the end tho....good luck for a fellow hawaii 240 owner.

rim_bender
09-12-2006, 08:30 AM
I did the exact same thing on a 1996 240 with an S13 tranny, i wired i up correctly but the lights didnt work, i think it has something to do with the S13 tranny sensor being different. Maybe somone else knows for sure.

orion::S14
09-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Nope...sensors work in the same manner.

You just connect the two wires from the sensor to the black and green wires (polarity DOES NOT Matter) on the A/T harness...the one that pugs into the 3rd plug down on the set behind the S14 (underhood) fusebox.

See here for reference:

http://ka24development.com/cwilfert/S14_tranny_swap_electrical.html#backup%20lights

- Brian

BlackSilvia96
09-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks I'll take a look at it again, and see what went wrong....I appreciate the help guys....maybe the wire itself is no good, or bad sensor....I dunno, I'll check the wires and see whats up....I'll keep you guys posted...thanks!!

BlackSilvia96
09-13-2006, 12:36 PM
If anyone else have anymore input before we start this comming weekend it would greatly be appreciated....

projectRDM
09-13-2006, 10:09 PM
IT'S TWO FUCKING WIRES.

What more do you need? Green and black wires in the brown auto plug, run them to the switch (not sensor like you keep saying). Literally 25 seconds of work total. If it doesn't work, replace the switch. It cannot be any easier.

BlackSilvia96
09-14-2006, 02:46 PM
IT'S TWO FUCKING WIRES.

What more do you need? Green and black wires in the brown auto plug, run them to the switch (not sensor like you keep saying). Literally 25 seconds of work total. If it doesn't work, replace the switch. It cannot be any easier.

Yea I understand that, just wondering if anyone else had any problems along the way. Stop being an A**, and sorry my bad if I didn't know its a switch....jeez ask for a little help and people gotta get their panties in a bunch...

Anyways thanks for everyones help, we fixed it and we did run it to problems. No it wasn't as easy as the person above had said. One the sensor oops meant to say switch was bad. Two the wires was all mangled so ended up makeing a new harness....Peace!!