PDA

View Full Version : clutch dampener/stiffness of clutch

nutritious
09-11-2006, 05:15 PM
alright, i had to replace my clutch slave cylinder and figured might as well take off the clutch dampener in the process since so many of you recommend it. thing is (and if i heard wrong, lemme know) the clutch used to be pretty stiff, but now its easy as hell to pump the clutch, i was under the impression that getting rid of the dampener would make the pedal stiffer. people also say that getting rid of the dampener lets you 'feel' the clutch better, but i feel more disconnected than ever to my car with the weak ass clutch pedal feel. am i missing a variable? would having air in the line do this?

g6civcx
09-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Check for leaks and bleed again.

nutritious
09-11-2006, 07:13 PM
so the pedal shouldn't be that easy? its not leaking. wanted to see what other people's experiences were when they took out the dampener

Irukandji
09-11-2006, 10:18 PM
bleed and bleed until it's firm again. you have air bubbles in your line.

HalveBlue
09-11-2006, 10:35 PM
+1 for bleeding the system again.

cdlong
09-12-2006, 01:19 AM
i removed my dampener and installed a stainless steel flex line and couldn't tell any difference. you probably still have air in the line. did you use a nismo unit or OEM or reman? the nismo unit will feel softer because it's a bigger piston. if it's reman it might have been a bad one.

nutritious
09-12-2006, 09:12 AM
i used a kts one, kind of looks like the nismo unit i think... not sure. alright, i'll try bleeding it again, thanks for the replies