PDA

View Full Version : Need faq's of RB30 swaps

s13silvia123
09-10-2006, 10:06 PM
i was reading through the RB facts in here and nothing came up with the RB30 swaps. all i know its a hybrid of an RB30 block mating with a RB26 head. but is there any initial swaps ever done here in the states. i would like this to be my next project. everything i've search for doesnt really explain anything. mostly just rambling of what the RB30 can do. i've only heard of this recently. but have this ever been done here in the states. i would like to hear more info on it and do a far better detailed work and explain what would be to create this monster.

drift freaq
09-10-2006, 10:26 PM
i was reading through the RB facts in here and nothing came up with the RB30 swaps. all i know its a hybrid of an RB30 block mating with a RB26 head. but is there any initial swaps ever done here in the states. i would like this to be my next project. everything i've search for doesnt really explain anything. mostly just rambling of what the RB30 can do. i've only heard of this recently. but have this ever been done here in the states. i would like to hear more info on it and do a far better detailed work and explain what would be to create this monster.
lots of money? Finding an Importer with a RB30 crank for a RB26 block, because your never going to find the block stateside let alone the crank? Seriously stick with a RB26 if your that down for a sick RB setup. Trying to do a RB30 stateside is just nuts and you would need at least 10-15k if not more to do it. unless your real wealthy and have disposable income.

luckyrb13
09-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Well i agree with drift freaq in the fact that it would be a ton of money,but I think it would be real cool to do the rb30. IIRC you need the entire short block, from what ive read i dont think they can fit in S13 or S14 with out custom mounts or notching of the hood as they gain the extra cc's with stroke not bore. imight be wrong but the best thing to do would be to check out www.skylinesdownunder.com if you want good info and they usually have a ton of rb30 blocks for sale as they're quite common over there. Good luck with what ever you do.

S-REVV1
09-10-2006, 11:02 PM
you might want to talk to Yury from heavy throttle/wireing solutions,he hasa rb30 block in his garage right now.

WilloW
09-10-2006, 11:29 PM
lots of money? Finding an Importer with a RB30 crank for a RB26 block, because your never going to find the block stateside let alone the crank? Seriously stick with a RB26 if your that down for a sick RB setup. Trying to do a RB30 stateside is just nuts and you would need at least 10-15k if not more to do it. unless your real wealthy and have disposable income.
:werd: what he just said. You might be able to get some of the guys on Skylinedownunder to sell/send you a crank, but might still cost you a nut though. But if you could play with an RB26 then money shouldn't be a problem right?

s13silvia123
09-11-2006, 12:10 AM
the site you guys gave me is interesting. yea i do know that in Austalia people are doing this kind of swap but in hand they have the parts to do so. but here you guys are right. it is hard to get the parts over here. i knew that from the start. but knowing the facts is limited when not much people have done it over here or have ever done. getting the Rb26 of course its easier to get but if i got that i have to get the RB25 tranny. seperatly just the same as the RB30. coming into play you guys are saying money is the question. i will be making a decision soon. but first of all my s13 needs to be done first and its almost completly done. but my research is important and come into play. this is what and how i'm am deciding on my next project. research was the role of my s13 7 years ago but delays slowed my project down due to my education. but delays wont happen this time around.

eh?
09-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Read this http://www.geocities.com/rb30dohc/

It's going to be a very expensive swap. RB30 blocks are ridicoulsy expensive in the US. These $100 blocks are going for $1k++. Then there's the trouble of finding an RB26 head plus harness and an RB25 tranny.

The actual mating of the block and head looks simple enough. Any competent machine shop should be able to resize the RB30 head bolt holes and relocated the tensioner.

And no, you don't want an RB30 crank. The RB30 block is ~1" taller than the RB25/26 to accomodate the increased stroke.