PDA

View Full Version : injector question/help

eerrrrr
09-10-2006, 07:33 PM
ok at first i thought my injector (stock sr's) was messed up. it only seems like the cap at the end is cracked, not the injector itself. i was just wondering how important that piece is. ive searched here for "injector cap" "plastic injector cap" "injector o-rings" and other INJECTOR + words. i dont know what its called, so thats prolly why i havent found my answer. i dont know if it affects the fuel delivery, but im pretty sure it does something important, thats why nissan put it there. is there a place where i can buy that cap (o-ring kit?) or is there a car (not z32's because they cant be found in a junkyard, so a car that CAN be found in the junkyard) with similar injectors so i can just take that cap and replace with it with this broken one?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/eerrrrr/Image015-1.jpg

sorry for the blurry pics, i dont have a d-cam and my roomie aint home so this is only a cell phone pic.

koukimonster139
09-10-2006, 07:38 PM
it is extemely important. its called a pintle cap and it helps to atomize the spray of fuel.

I dont believe you can replace just the cap.
replace it. actually replace all 4.

BTW me likes ur s13. what kind of rear valences are those?

eerrrrr
09-10-2006, 07:53 PM
so i cant replace just that cap? i dont understand when u said "replace it. actually replace all 4." what do u mean because right before u said that, u also said "i dont believe u can replace just the cap." so what do i have to replace, the whole injector?

the rear valances are SEALAZONE replicas

eerrrrr
09-10-2006, 11:11 PM
bump before i go to sleep. please help me

koukimonster139
09-11-2006, 06:00 AM
yeah, id replace all 4 injectors.

eerrrrr
09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
this is the only one that has a broken pintle cap. so im assuming that u think all my injectors r like this, but really only one. sorry for not making it clear that only one is damaged (notice how i put INJECTOR not in INJECTORS). but hmm im confused. i did searches on here and 300zx forums and got mixed answers. some say its ok to run without the pintle cap and some pulled injectors from their car without pintle caps, some say its ok but risky to run with a cracked pintle cap as long as it holds the small o-ring in place, and some says other stuff. maybe ill just go to a shop and ask them if its ok, or if they have the parts to replace it.

koukimonster139
09-11-2006, 10:04 AM
dude i said replace all 4 cause you probably wont find one used injector, unless you get raped by a dealer and get one new one. search on ebay or somethin. jesus just replace all 4. if one is like that how long until the next one is like that?

if u want to drive around knowing that a critical part of your engine is damaged, whether it affects performance or not, thats your own choice.

lok
09-11-2006, 02:25 PM
you can order new pintle caps from deatschwerks.