PDA

View Full Version : If you have an exhaust leak fix it!

yokotas13
09-10-2006, 04:07 AM
OK, after putting off an exhaust leak for almost 3 months (since i bought the car it was an added bonus of the purchase) I decided to fix it today.
It was the Manifold to Turbo flange, and the turbo to the o2 housing
I knew i was loosing power, but never this much
The blitz power meter ID on a 3rd gear run said 232 prior to the replacement.
After about 6 hours of work with cleaning up teh engine bay, changing oil, tranny fluid, and diff fluid, i finally wrapped everything up and got out to do some runs.
End of the story is that i pulled a 260 out of my ass on a legit 3rd gear run exactly the same as the first run. And it idle much better, and response is UBER quick.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the pesky little leak does actually do somethign horrible to your car, make it slow.

Sil-Abc
09-10-2006, 04:22 AM
pfft i couldve told u that hahahhaa :P

do what i did to end all leaks, weld that shit shut

yokotas13
09-10-2006, 04:34 AM
lol
wel li didnt think it was takign THAT much away, and the Power meter ID is decently accurate in a 3rd gear pull. As long as you have it calibrated correctly (i actually weighed my car with me in it on a scale)

punxva
09-10-2006, 04:17 PM
now try getting some dyno time and see what it is really making.

kuramaya
09-10-2006, 04:36 PM
now try getting some dyno time and see what it is really making.

:werd: no way you are setting down 260...

joe gomez
09-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey I think I just saw you in some pics my boy eric took in oki,jpn at a drift event hes got the ae86 panda style,Didnt you have work rims?

kuramaya
09-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey I think I just saw you in some pics my boy eric took in oki,jpn at a drift event hes got the ae86 panda style,Didnt you have work rims?

yeah thats me, Erics my boy! Lives 100 meters down the road from me.

joe gomez
09-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Sweet, Ive know that crazy ass since high school .Your ride is killer liked it in the drift event looked good.Hit me up somtime later.joe