PDA

View Full Version : sr heads

fico
09-10-2006, 01:12 AM
i was reading in the sr faq about the different heads of the sr's and wondered...are they like hoda b-series? and u can just swap them all around? because i have a s13 red top and from the sounds of it a gti-r head would be a nice add on. how do able is this? what do i have to do and can it be done?

CKAMC
09-10-2006, 01:19 AM
from what I know with SR's and in particularly with the fwd models equiped with the roller rocker motor you can place on the VE *VVL motor* head to get that "vtec" like action.

with the RWD applications the only things I have seen is changing the throttle body as the turbo models are equipped with smaller throttle bodies compared to the NA and GTiR fwd model.

There is also the intake manifold provided by companies like tomei and jun and greddy... other than that there is the s14/s15 vtc heads.

Does that answer your question?

fico
09-10-2006, 02:05 AM
yeah i dont like the answer but what are you gona do lol it be sweet if they were like honda b blocks because right now my friend is building a b20 block (2.0 lt.) with a crazy head it will end up at a 2.3lt engine with idk how much hp close to 230 N/A and the block will be sleves head ported and polished before he drops it into a little del sol so running 20lb at the track...well yeah lets just say daaamn

sub_version
09-10-2006, 10:05 AM
"daaamn" what a waste of $. FWD < *

datboibrad
09-10-2006, 10:34 AM
yeah i dont like the answer but what are you gona do lol it be sweet if they were like honda b blocks because right now my friend is building a b20 block (2.0 lt.) with a crazy head it will end up at a 2.3lt engine with idk how much hp close to 230 N/A and the block will be sleves head ported and polished before he drops it into a little del sol so running 20lb at the track...well yeah lets just say daaamn
what bore and rod length. just asking before i call bs on a 2.3. hopefully he is running 86mm bore with a 101mm crank and a decked head. if not then bullshit. also ive seen stock bore and stroke motors with built head and cams make 230 so i would hope he was clearing 300whp with a motor that big.

fico
09-10-2006, 06:48 PM
havent you heard of Frankenstien? its a B20 Block with a B18 head bored out...b yeah i know fwd is a waste thats why i trashed my ideas of a making my SI fast and went with a 240......ok so tell me this...my friend has a 99 civic SI stock motor has 160hp he thinks with the turbo kit he is putting on soon and running 8lb's he is magicly going to have 270whp....so telll me this...how delusional is that??

McRussellPants
09-10-2006, 07:19 PM
not that it matters since no one here is gonna do it since VE heads are nearly impossible to find.

Yes, the VE and FWD DE heads will go on to the RWD Block with the same effort as putting a VTEC head on a non VTEC honda block.
oil lines, plugging certain galleys, ect.

getting manifolds that fit and other such nonsense is harder though.

SR20VE in S14.
http://www.eagle-r.jp/sr20ve.html
note the one off manis.
also not the lack of CAS and Distributer (not that triggerwheels are rocket science or anything)

SR20forum.com has a couple threads about it

WilloW
09-10-2006, 07:24 PM
If it could be done like this
http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/d/7470-1/ksr04.jpg
and this
http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/d/8860-1/sr04_001.jpg
then I don't see why you can't do it to the GTiR head, the only mojor problems I see is that fat distributor (up against the firewall) and the intake manifold (pointing at the firewall), and how deep your pocket is.

Edit: My bad, I didn't see McRussellPants' link in his post.