PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what these plugs are called and how to crimp new ones? (Pic / 240)

Acecool
09-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Fuel injector plugs or something, and does anyone have a diagram of how they should be put in correctly and taken off?

Would they be in the Nissan 240SX 1989 Hatchback Service Manual? If so which page or which section?

Thanks in advance,
Josh

EDIT:
Ok they are on EL-111 as F12, F14, F18 and F19
and are just named Injector no. #

But I cannot seem to find a diagram of how to put them together, crimp or whatever.

Does anyone know how to do this?

BTW the edition of the book is:
August 1988
Printing: Feb 1989 (02)
Publication number; SM9E-0S13U0

http://www.acecoolco.com/engine.jpg

spdfreek0o
09-09-2006, 09:55 PM
are you asking how to unplug the injector from the harness?

Acecool
09-09-2006, 10:01 PM
I guess in a way, I want to unplug those wires, and recrimp the ends with new ones since I am thinking those have a loose connection :-/

projectRDM
09-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Pry the clip out, pull the plug off.
Go to Advance Auto Parts and buy new sockets (GP Sorensen, don't know the part#) and splice them back on.

It's not rocket science.

haveblue
09-10-2006, 12:26 AM
there is a wire wrapped around the plastic plug that keeps it in place. use a pocket knife or thin screw driver to pry it off. they tend to fly off and land somewhere in the engine bay, try not to lose them.
take the plug off.
finding new ones is a pain, the injectors are 'keyed' differently depending on the year, meaning the plugs have a plastic cut out on them which has to match the injector. there are at least two different ones that i've found. you could also shave down the injector plug to make any properly sized plug fit.
*IF* you can find the plugs.
I could not find the plugs at any auto parts store. Nissan doesnt sell them either. I found a nissan test harness with similar plugs and cannibalized that for them:
http://homepage.mac.com/gtokarski/Nissan/PhotoAlbum22.html

CKAMC
09-10-2006, 01:27 AM
Yeah dealer wont carry this as its part of the whole EGI harness which is like atleast $400+

aftermarket shops like BAP Napa and yes advanced auto parts will carry this but its a cut and splice job.

before doing that clean that engine bay up man!

Acecool
09-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Hey, thanks for the advice, I cannot seem to get off the plugs.

If you notice in the pictures the plugs are badly eaten away...

Also, are the fuel injectors supposed to roll around, or be firm?

I have 2 that are loose and I can roll in the socket a little bit, one is firm, and one is slightly loose.

Could those be my problem?

Acecool
09-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Now I see what you meant, thanks..

I took the metal pin type thing that was surrounding the entire plug (black part of wire and plastic bit) by prying it out until it was about to fall, then took a needlenose so I wouldnt drop them into the engine compartment.

Then they came right off.

Next step.. The fuel injectors and fuel injector plugs look corroded to hell.. should I replace them, would that have been my starting problem?

Trying to spend as little money as possible since I only have about 80 to 100 dollars until wednesday, and then friday..

Thanks

haveblue
09-10-2006, 01:59 PM
as long as there is not fuel leaking around the injectors you should be ok. they could still be leaking internally but the worse that will happen is you will get bad gas milage (unless they are POURING fuel).
if the copper electrical connections are dirty get a can of electrical contact cleaner, some fine sand paper and a small screw driver and clean them, its a PITA and takes a long time but you can clean them up pretty well.

you never mentioned you have a starting problem till is last post. what problem are you trying to solve? symptoms?

Acecool
09-10-2006, 02:43 PM
I took them off, cleaned them up (fuel injector plugs) so you can see the metal and no blue stuff..

But I cannot get inside of the plastic plugs so I want to possibly recrimp them..

Any ideas?

I had it running fine for 2 minutes then it died...

Acecool
09-11-2006, 08:06 PM
SOLVED..

I played with the MAF I think it is (Mass AirFlow sensor plug ontop of the stock air filter unit) and it fired RIGHT UP.

Have a rough idle that goes to 500 / 600, but it clears up after a few seconds...

I still need to reattach the "staples" for each of the injector clips and 2 others which I cleaned out.

I am posting this as a resolution for those of you that encounter the same problem..

ALSO... I had it running where it would stall if I went under 1k rpm, and it would rev limit and bounce off of 2500 rpm...

Keywords: rev 2500 stall bog injector fuel spark plug

:-)

Thank you to everyone for allyour help, I am sure I will stay a member and communicate with everyone about other random stuff :-)

Nuisance Crew
09-11-2006, 11:03 PM
it's not a bad idea to pull the connectors for all the different sensors and clean them up a bit, my injector contacts were very corroded, cleaned them up and it made a hell of a difference
JD