PDA

View Full Version : OEM s13 5 lug conversion?

usdm180sx
09-08-2006, 03:53 PM
On the s13 FSM it says that the bearings are separate from the hubs and secured by a c-clip.

My friend just bought some s14 se hubs and he says that the bearing on those hubs is also separate and secured by a c-clip but the hubs are sold as one piece.

Is it possible to press the bearing from s13 front hub into s14 se 5 lug front hub? If so can an s14 hub with an s13 bearing be used for a 5 lug conversion? Has anyone ever tried this?

My other alternatives are to get the s5/ichiba hubs but I'm a little hesitant on the quality after talking with a few vendors. Attain/GTO hubs would take FOREVER to order (assuming they are still available)

Peak Performance are no longer available. Experiences, thoughts and concerns?

projectRDM
09-08-2006, 07:05 PM
No, no and no.

And no.

S14 front wheel bearings are NOT replaceable. They're put together in a similiar manner as the S13 but they do not press apart without damaging the races severely.

And welcome to 1995 when this was first noted, per the FSM.

usdm180sx
09-09-2006, 02:42 AM
No, no and no.

And no.

S14 front wheel bearings are NOT replaceable. They're put together in a similiar manner as the S13 but they do not press apart without damaging the races severely.

Thanks! This is all I needed to know.

BTW where was it noted on the s14 fsm? All I saw was a picture of the hub with no notes.