PDA

View Full Version : overheating slut!!

trybal
09-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Blah, ive tried searching with not luck

-sr redtop
-sr radiator
-stock sidemount without proper circulation but wheel liner removed

Just got my car back from the shop, had a cometic hg and arp's installed..

car started overheating on the drive home from shop on the freeway, so i rebled the radiator and all was fine. I didn't drive it much though.

Well now on the freeway it will be fine for 15-20 minutes of driving.. then it will start to rise in temp and won't stop untill i crank the heat. then it goes back to medium. Heat blows hot so i don't think its an airbubble problem. I tried to rebleed and no air comes outta the bleed hole..

I tried to change the mech fan out for a e-fan and no luck. Also, yesterday after the car got hot and i cranked the heat to drop it. I let the car idle for 15-20 minutes with the heat off and it didn't get above 1/2. Untill a few minutes after i started driving it again..

any ideas?

-i bled the rad a few times
-tried new fans
-overflow tank is full like i left it
-does not boil
-feels really hot under the hood
-tried different cap
-not losing coolant

-thermostat maybe?
-clogged radiator?

holybushoffire
09-06-2006, 10:13 PM
change your thermostat, and if that doesn't help drill an extra 1/8 in. hole into the thermostat. That will allow better flow and won't decrease the operating temp of the thermsotat.

vutony
09-06-2006, 10:36 PM
maybe water pump ??

is the lower rad hose hot or cold

trybal
09-06-2006, 10:40 PM
when it just gets up to op temp its cold but after a good ol freeway drive and overheating its just as hot as the upper

sw20>>s14
09-07-2006, 01:46 AM
the lower shouldnt be as hot as the upper...if the lower isnt cold to touch then your t-stat is functioning...my guess would be a clogged/rusted to hell rad...

LB.Motoring
09-07-2006, 01:49 AM
would invest in a koyo rad. would be way worth the money, esp. in your case. the better cooled the motor, the better and longer it should last you. GL

EchoOfSilence
09-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Yup. check thermostat, check hoses, check rad.

and griffin > koyo.

dopeassjackson
09-07-2006, 06:25 AM
by you turning on the heat in your car and that making all the diferance i bet its your rad. try this take you car for a drive around town for about 20 min. take a thermometer and insert it at difrent points on the rad and if theres a temp drop one spot of the rad is doing more cooling than the other.

carkid0007
09-07-2006, 05:18 PM
I had the same problem and I just got a koyo and also changed the thermo while I was in there and havnt had a problem since...