PDA

View Full Version : i dont know what to think

fico
09-05-2006, 09:59 PM
so i swapped an sr into my s13 and every time i connect the ground the engine starts to crank..i took off the signal wire to the starter and yet it still cranks...i took out the blue relay by the battery and yet it still cranks there has to be a short somewhere but i cant find it i ripped the harness apart today and looked no corrosion no nothing am i going nutts or what....please help...

WhiteGLX
09-05-2006, 10:13 PM
it is possible you have the terminal s on teh battery wrong?

the starterr connects directly to the power side of the battery, it shoudl never crank without the trigger wire connected unless somethign is grounding that terminal out, or if teh battery is wrong.

fico
09-05-2006, 10:30 PM
om im kinda really scared... so i was fiddleing with the engine and everyhting right? so i have those one hose fits all radiator hoses the ones with the metal coil in them right soo i stop cranking the engine and i start messing around and i touch the hose and it burt my hand...the hose is acting as a ground or something the only thing that is hot is the hose not the radiator and not the coolent pump thing and its only the upper hose i think because the metal on the inside fo the hose isnt touching the radiator

fico
09-06-2006, 09:42 PM
angery muffin bump for some much needed help