PDA

View Full Version : help w/ screw on clutch slave cylinder~clutch damper

NoOneIsPerfect
09-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Ok.. so I decided to bypass clutch damper while changing the fluid. Did everything right, no kinks, then I tried screwing the hard tube to rubber hose.

It doesn't screw on! Tried it for about 30min until my arm got numb and gave up. It goes in for a little and pops back out and doesn't go any further.

So here's the question... anything I can do or should I go to Nissan and get the tube w/ screw. In that case, neone got part # for it? It'll suck if I have to replace the entire tube frm master cylinder so hopefully it won't come to that...

My s13 is not my DD so I can wait but I wanted to take the car out to go cruising sometime this week.

Any help is appreciated.

by the way is it "dUmper" or "dAmper"? haha I'm such a fob.

g2ic02
09-04-2006, 07:22 PM
i just used a brake line union, it was like $2. I believe it was a 10mm. Just take the line that goes into the damper(from the master cylinder) and connect it to the other line that goes to the damper(from the slave cylinder)

NoOneIsPerfect
09-04-2006, 09:16 PM
thank you. Since autozone is already closed due to labor day, I'll try it tomorrow.

Brake line union... I don't recall the name but I guess peeps @ auto zone would.

"EDIT"

OK I tried connecting short hard tube (damper to slave) and it didn't screw on... now what do I do? Anyone w/ similar problem?

g6civcx
09-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Your best solution is to talk to Harp at Taka Motorsports. He can fabricate you a line that goes straight from the master cylinder directly to the slave/operating cylinder. You can throw away the hard line and all that drama.

Other than that, do as above and make sure you use a flared nut wrench so you don't damage the fittings.

NoOneIsPerfect
09-04-2006, 10:56 PM
I'll do talk to him and probably order it. Though the problem is, my company is planning to send me to Japan in 10days. Month biz trip. I wanted to move my car to my buddy's garage but I guess that'll be hard!

g6civcx
09-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Talk to him ASAP then. Maybe he can express one to you since you're on the same coast.

NoOneIsPerfect
09-05-2006, 12:31 AM
I'll do that first thing tomorrow. Thx 4 ur help g6civcx. btw, I think I saw his thread somewhere but got his contact info?

g6civcx
09-05-2006, 04:55 AM
http://www.takamotorsports.com/

NoOneIsPerfect
09-05-2006, 12:58 PM
durr... i kept on trying www.takamotorsport.com... haha no wonder I couldn't get linked to the page.

Thanks

redsuns3838
09-05-2006, 01:00 PM
go to taka. I always get shit from harp when i need it asap. (hey can you get me lines but umm say....day after tomorrow?) and hes always gotten me my stuff quick. i am gonna install a stainless steel clutch line from him pretty soon actually.

NoOneIsPerfect
09-05-2006, 08:06 PM
actually, got it repaired. Got a slave cylinder-clutch damper tube from junk yard. But I'm still going to order SS clutch line from taka motorsports once I come back frm Japan. Man... it was an intense fight w/ one simple screw... and while I was down there... leak from exhaust. NASTY oil... man... I love silvia. So many problems, that I'll never get bored!

g6civcx
09-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Problems never go away until you get so sick of it that you completely rebuild the whole damn thing.

drifter808
09-05-2006, 09:22 PM
i just did this mod and didn't like it. i switched it back the next day. The clutch just felt weird on my foot.

NoOneIsPerfect
09-06-2006, 02:30 PM
drifter808> as in Taka line or clutch damper bypass?

g6> I would never get sick of it since repairing s13 is so damn cheap. It's not like lexus where one thing breaks and cost over 1K every time. Plus, there's a big enough community for a great help like you:-D

drifter808
09-06-2006, 05:35 PM
the clutch bypass. i just followed zeroyon but i didn't like it to much. Its all personal preferance though. I didn't like how when i'd be leaving the beach and be driving bare foot you could actually feel the clutch disc meeting the flywheel. You'll feel it when you drive it.