PDA

View Full Version : road noise?

drftfan
09-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Ok...I have been dealing with 240's for sometime...but this has me stumped. A few weeks ago i installed my Megan Racing track coilovers on my 91 s13 hatch. Ever since then I have had what I thought was road noise which was really noticible with the windows down. Tonight I am on my way home and that noise was to me unbearable. It sounds like road noise from the right rear tire. A distinct humming almost droning sound. If i touch the gas I noticed the pitch will change. I have looked for exhaust issues as far as i can see, nothing. Plus the exhaust more or less runs on the drivers side. I am thinking maybe a wheel bearing but when i had the car in the air i could not duplicate the noise at all. I could not hear anything from that wheel. Any ideas? I have swapped to new pads and rotors in the front and the rear, but that sound was there before that.

xyoobxyoob
04-26-2007, 07:34 PM
I have the Mgan Tracks as well on my Sileighty, and it is doing the excat same Sh*t!

xyoobxyoob
04-26-2007, 07:37 PM
I have the Megan Tracks as well on my Sileighty, My shi* is doing the same thing!

LigouriRd
04-27-2007, 11:50 AM
If it is comming from a specific side, i.e. right rear like you claim, then I would inspect for rubbing or misaglignment.

One thing that I noticed after installing my camber plates with solid spherical bearings (like what I believe is standard on the Megan track coilovers) was an increase amount of road noise being transferred from the tires to the chassis. Apparently the Yokohama ES100s I had were fairly noisy but the stock plates managed to keep them quite. I when I changed to Falken Azenis the noise went away.

Dutchmalmiss
04-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Check all your bushings back there possibly get an alignment. If anything, jack up the car and try to spin that wheel yourself and find it by sound.

NINJAS14
06-29-2007, 08:24 PM
its your wheel bearings just get them changed. It happened on my s13 and s14. Even if there is no play. You can sometimes check out which side is bad taking the load off a specific side. (turning left or right the sound goes away)

cavakilla
06-29-2007, 11:21 PM
the stiffer suspension components transfer more noise than the stock stuff.

but i would def check for rubbing and not rule out a brg