PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust 'non adjustable' new SSQV?!?

sean350z
09-03-2006, 09:27 AM
So the new SSQVs have non-adjustable bodies...this is really pissing me off b/c the damn things flutters under vaccum. I've read through searching to just throw some washers behind the spring to tighten it up...but how the hell do you take the SSQV apart to access the spring with out screwing something up?

Any help would be appriciated...thanks guys.

nrg
09-03-2006, 01:40 PM
odd, i've never seen/heard of a non adjustable ssqv. can't find anything through google either. Mine is adjusted correctly but under boost it would flutter. I believe it's normal. there's tons of thread on this subject actually.

there's 8 screws on the front of the bov, only 4 is needed to remove the cover, then there are 4 more to pull off the diaphram to see the spring.

sean350z
09-03-2006, 03:16 PM
well i took it apart...that o-ring at the base blows.

i stuffed two washers behind the spring to make it tighter and it seems to have made a slight difference but it still flutters even at vaccum but not as much. i hate the fact that this thing is not adjustable. i think i'll just leave it be b/c that o-ring gave me the toughest time. oh well.

Slidin240Wayz
09-03-2006, 07:16 PM
It's not made to be adhjustable. Be cautious because it might not be made to take any modifications to it and you might be damaging the part. If anything, put it back to how it was, sell it , and buy an older one or a different bov.

Carlos

nlzmo400r
09-09-2006, 10:43 AM
ive got one of the new non adj ssqv's as well. Mine doesnt flutter under vacuum. I read something on the side of the box (albiet it was in jap) taht said something along the lines of 'electronic idle control' or something like that. Anyone know anything about this? Also, ive taken mine apart before, it can be put back togheter, just make sure you take the top piece off (held on by allen bolts) first, then use a good pair of snap ring plyers (not o-ring, thats seal, this is called a snap ring) to get the snap ring off and on.

s13silvia123
09-09-2006, 11:04 AM
if you guys are talking about the HKS one thats not adjustable al you have to do is but the stiffer spring from HKS

HyperTek
09-09-2006, 11:51 AM
are you guys talking about this one or is there a newer version not on the site?
http://www.hksusa.com/images_products/L_1859.jpg

nlzmo400r
09-09-2006, 12:06 PM
thats what mine looks like. There is no knob on it anywhere

s13silvia123
09-09-2006, 01:03 PM
yeah its the new designs where you have to buy the spring. i think HKS makes three different springs the soft one the standard and the stiffer spring.

sepulchral
09-09-2006, 03:05 PM
trade u an adjustable one?

pm :D