PDA

View Full Version : Need EMEDIATE KOUKI side skirt install help!!!

gotta240
09-02-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm trying to put my kouki skirts on my zenki. I'm having a small fitment issue in the FRONT. At the VERY FRONT of the skirt, where it wraps around the fender there is a little tiny lip. That lip prevents the skirt from sitting totally flush when i pull the skirt all the way tight.

If i leave the little lip where it LOOKS LIKE it should go, i have a quarter inch gap between the fender and the front of the skirt. Its hard to expain, but heres two pics.

Basically i'm wondering, IS THERE A SPACER OR WASHER that goes BETWEEN the skirt and fender where it is bolted together, or should i just shave that little lip off and slide the skirt back more???? PLEASE just look at your car for sec!!! THANKS!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/mrmikeman/240sideskirt002.jpg

WilloW
09-02-2006, 03:50 PM
When I yanked off my mudguards, I ended up with that space in the front too. Basically, I think you have that gap because you're missing the mud/splash guard like me. If you're picky then trim it, but then you'might have it sticking out a bit further at the rear.

SimpleS14
09-02-2006, 03:57 PM
That's odd, I don't have such a gap. I have the fender liner and a gromment (OEM bit) on the front and it fits just fine.

WilloW
09-02-2006, 04:54 PM
That's odd, I don't have such a gap. I have the fender liner and a gromment (OEM bit) on the front and it fits just fine.
Exactly, when I had my liner in place everything was fine. That so called lip is there to accomodate for the space that the liner takes up.

dct223
09-02-2006, 05:41 PM
no spacer, no washer, i dont have any fender liners or anything on and its flush... are you sure your installing it right? the small clip goes on the rear of the car for the end cap.. for the front use the lower skrew that your fender liner uses.

DaPCWiz
09-02-2006, 06:13 PM
mine has no gap at all.... I have put it on w/ and without the clip for the endcaps, and it doens't make a huge difference. maybe you don't have the skirt fully pushed into the endcap?

gotta240
09-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Thank you guys all VERY MUCH for the quick help.

Thats wierd that some have it perfect without the mudguards and some dont. SHIT.

To those who say "push it back". Do you see the little tiny "lip"? If i push everything back, that lil lip will be touching the fender, and will push the skirt OFF the car like 1/8 an inch... Kinda see what i mean?

ANyone else have NO muguard, or any other suggestions?

DaPCWiz
09-02-2006, 09:24 PM
maybe the skirt was damaged and repaired? sand the "lip" down and make it fit... mine doens't have the "lip" that I think ur talking about...

projectRDM
09-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Slide the entire skirt back towards the rear of the car 1/8 inch. It's not rocket science man.

DaPCWiz
09-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Slide the entire skirt back towards the rear of the car 1/8 inch. It's not rocket science man.

from my understanding, if he pushes it back, there is a little nub at the 90 degree corner of the skirt, which he is calling a "lip". When he pushes it back, this nub offsets the end of the skirt from the body 1/8" or so. I suggested sanding down that nub as I don't think it should be there...

gotta240
09-03-2006, 02:21 PM
DaPCWIZ- THANK YOU. Will do.

And rocket science boy- No its not, but seeing how i dont have a spare set laying around, i dont know what should and shouldn't be on the skirt.

redpotatoes
01-10-2007, 08:21 PM
I am a little late on this post but instead of recreating one I'll ask here.

How did you proceed for the install ? (from kouki to zenki) Needed to drill in the rockers ? Have you bought new plastic clips ? Used double side tape ?
You mention no mudguard, I have them, can they still be install afterward or not(I don't think they will fit). I think it would look better without but just want to know.

***Got my answer on other post****