PDA

View Full Version : Fu*ked Up Idle Screw On My Redtop Someone HELP!

xxsptcuztomsxx
08-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Alright...another stupid problem with my SR.

The other night i was attempting to adjust my idle and my timing after replacing the head gasket. Well everything was goin ok untill i went to adjust my idle. I screwed the idle adjustment screw all the way down to see if the idle would changed (it didnt but thats another problem ill have to address once i get a new adjustment screw). Well, i tried to get the screw back out and that sucker wouldnt budge. I ended up stripping out the head of the screw (cheap a** plastic POS).

So i ended up having to drill the screw out and use an easy out to get it to come out of the IACV. Finnally got it out but now i can not find a replacement. Ive tried going to Lowes and searchin through some of the bolts there but none would fit. I dont think that option would work though. This is because on the end of the idle adjustment screw there is a rubber o-ring. The screw is also tapered. Its slightly smaller in diameter after the threads. I have also tried the b13 sentra(hopefully the rednecks at the junk yard pulled it out of the b13). The threads were the same but it was shaped different and wasnt as long as my other one.

So i have came to the conclusion that im gona have to replace it with an idle adjustment screw from a s13 sr.

Anyone have any idea where i can pick up this damn screw?....It is the only thing holding me back from having my car running. Any and all comments/suggestions are appreciated.

slider2828
08-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Fuck lowe's they don't have shit but SAE screws.... You must go to orchards supply, they have the largest selection I have seen for metric screws.... good luck