Greddy V-SPL FMIC
Blitz BOV
Megan Racing SR Downpipe
Test Pipe
Autometer gauges
Apexi N1
Apexi SAFC II
ECU tuned by Enthalapy

Ka24de currently in the car has 119k, looking to push out around 300hp at least. Im open for suggestions/concerns on how i should go about this project and also what size injectors should i look for.

ManoNegra
08-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Look up some of the other KAT builds that have been done here. That can prove helpful. Read the FAQs. 500cc injectors should be enough.
Lots of info at ka-t.org (http://www.ka-t.org/) aswell.

ihateme4u
08-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Look up some of the other KAT builds that have been done here. That can prove helpful. Read the FAQs. 500cc injectors should be enough.
Lots of info at ka-t.org (http://www.ka-t.org/) aswell.

yea i posted on ka-t too, but i just wanna see what everyone thinks

Maeda
08-22-2006, 03:33 AM
My setup looking to run soon:

Greddy V-SPL FMIC
Blitz BOV
Autometer gauges
Apexi N1
Apexi SAFC II

NO. This stuff is JUNK.

punxva
08-22-2006, 08:31 AM
if your looking to buy all of that expensive shit, then why skimp out on engine management, its not the parts that keep u from blowing up and making reliable power its the tune. So if i were u i'd look into an emanage, megasquirt, or bikirom setup

Maeda
08-22-2006, 12:07 PM
if your looking to buy all of that expensive shit, then why skimp out on engine management, its not the parts that keep u from blowing up and making reliable power its the tune. So if i were u i'd look into an emanage, megasquirt, or bikirom setup

You sir have no idea what you're talking about.

Enthalpy ECU + SafcII is a perfectly viable option.

Keep in mind the most expensive shiny shit out there isnt always the best.

NemeGuero
08-22-2006, 01:04 PM
and you'll need:

-at least 550cc injectors
-fuel pump

I reccomend:

-maybe at least a blaster coil otherwise you might get blow out at the PSI you have to run for 300rwhp.
-metal headgasket (cometics are the shit!)

ihateme4u
08-22-2006, 01:28 PM
and you'll need:

-at least 550cc injectors
-fuel pump

I reccomend:

-maybe at least a blaster coil otherwise you might get blow out at the PSI you have to run for 300rwhp.
-metal headgasket (cometics are the shit!)

yea from other forums alot told me 550 would be a good choice, and also the fuel pump, i forgot to put that in the list since it is a option in the ams fuel kit. Anything else would i need?

NemeGuero
08-22-2006, 01:31 PM
No, I think that should be okay.

Upgrade your cooling of course.. and possibly look into an oil cooler.
Most turbo cars come with an oil cooler since (obviously) they run hotter.

As long as you have proper fuel delivery and ignition to match.. your set-up will be fine.

punxva
08-22-2006, 03:21 PM
im saying that he needs to not focus as much on brand names and that the tune is more important to keep it up longer, he could also use the JWT ecu

KoukiJAR
08-22-2006, 04:25 PM
im saying that he needs to not focus as much on brand names and that the tune is more important to keep it up longer, he could also use the JWT ecu

He couuuullddd use a JWT ecu....but i think he made the right choice by going enthalpy

undercoverdjay
08-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Enthalpy tuned ECU's are known to run rich, an SAFC will help out with this, also, a wideband O2 sensor (with a narrowband output preferably) and an A/F ratio readout is a MUST. SAFC's will help configure a lot seeing how a pretuned ECU is just that, a generic off the shelf tune that wont work 100% with your setup.

A tuned ECU, plus an SAFC 2 will help fine tune anywhere the ECU is lacking. My KA-T setup went together flawlessly with a stock automatic ECU (slightly more richer than a 5 speed) and an SAFC/ LC-1 wideband for managment. Also get around 30mpg off boost on the low throttle map.

NemeGuero
08-22-2006, 05:19 PM
except SAFCs suck

undercoverdjay
08-22-2006, 06:07 PM
ok, how exactly does an SAFC suck? if you have the money its an execellent way to fine tune a shitty tune. SAFC's suck only if you have no clue how to use it.

EchoOfSilence
08-22-2006, 06:14 PM
he means that SAFC's are only bandaids for an already inadequate tune.

he's anal hahahaha

TipStylez
08-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I can get a tuned ECU for the price of a used SAFC =]

So SAFCs suck...when theres somthing better and cheaper...unless you want the lil cool safc and the shiney buttons! OMG!!

TipStylez
08-22-2006, 06:23 PM
My KA-T setup went together flawlessly with a stock automatic ECU (slightly more richer than a 5 speed)

Wait, is that possable? a AUTO ECU working on a 5speed car?

NemeGuero
08-22-2006, 06:24 PM
bandaids on top of bandaids..
You have to realize that changing the AFM signal to the ECU (which is what an SAFC does) also changes other readings that affect each other in a not-so-good way.

and yes, you can use an auto ECU on a manual car.

EchoOfSilence
08-22-2006, 06:31 PM
bandaids on top of bandaids..
You have to realize that changing the AFM signal to the ECU (which is what an SAFC does) also changes other readings that affect each other in a not-so-good way.

and yes, you can use an auto ECU on a manual car.
:keke::keke::keke::keke::keke::keke::keke::keke::k eke::keke:

undercoverdjay
08-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Auto ecu = no speed limiter/ 5 gear rev limiter

SAFC works fine for my every day daily driving and occasional "spirited" driving
My car throws a happy code of 55, and my A/F Ratios stay 15:1 off boost and 11.5-12 on boost. I think the SAFC is doing its job well.

I understand they're more of a bandaid on a broken leg sort of fix, but they work fine.

For me it's about adjustability so when I sell my SAFC at the end of the season and buy a bikirom, then we'll see how a pre tuned ECU fairs against that. On the other hand, if someone has no fucking clue how to use an SAFC or any kind of adjustable management, a plug and play pretuned ECU might just be the way to go.

At least you went with KA-T, hehe

www.ka-t.org is the only place for tech advice on the KA's, I caught some shit because I have both an SR and a KA-T, but they're an awesome bunch and some people are putting down some SICK numbers for not a lot of money.