PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous Oxide

Jeff240sx
02-17-2002, 01:19 PM
Hey guys.  
I do know alot about how N2O works chemically, but have never used it in a car.  And it seems that a small shot will not harm the internal engine components, as long as you dont use it every minute or so....
My questions... how many runs will a 10 pound bottle of N2O give me, using a 50hp shot?
What kind of systems do you have, a wet or dry system, which is better, and why?
How do you make a WOT nitrous shot work?
Will I be able to hook up the same system on a KA and a SR engine?
If you know of any other things that might help me decide whether or not to get a system... please post.
-Jeff

whateverjames
02-17-2002, 01:33 PM
this site may help <a href="http://nitrous.org/" target='_blank'>http://nitrous.org/</a>

boosteds14
02-17-2002, 06:16 PM
well, i have nitrous.
and i used it many times so far. but i also have turbo.
so mine isnt the same as yours because of the fact mine automatically shuts off at 7psi. i have a wet system and a 10lbs. bottle and only doing a 35shot. its the nitrous express system, anyway, i used it atleast 10times and the bottle is half full still. also, mine only goes on when it is at WOT. i just tapped into my throttle postion sensor. i hope this helps.
jeff

gh6o6
02-17-2002, 08:35 PM
i have been thinking about this and it seems to be the best mod for the money
i would like to get the zex or similar cpu controlled unit. you tap a hole in the intake pipe and screw in the nozzel and connect the line to the control unit, and the control to the bottle (there might be a fuel hook up to give more pressure but im not sure) then you hook up the switch with a box with leds inside the car when you want the boost, you flip the switch and the system turns on and if you run too rich/lean it will automatically kill the nos. the leds are status lights for rich/lean it seems like a good system i thing they are somewhere between $500-$700 but im not sure. this is what i would like to get as soon as i save the money

a dry system will be able to go in both cars, leaving a small hole in the intake tube (no big deal)

i would NOT rut the risk of a non cpu controlled dry nos system because of the possibility of running lean

you can install a dry system yourself a lot easier

a drawback is the the nos will collect on the throtle body and on the valve when not at wot an auto is better for dry kits because they cans stay at wot during shifts

the best system to get is direct port injection because ints right into the cylinder and mixes the nos and fuel

NOS just came out with something worth looking into - its a peice that snape onto the bottom of the injector and then your space the rail, which is a lot simpler wet system

i think thats all i know if i remember someone correct me if im wrong anything else i remember ill tell you

(Edited by gh6o6 at 10:45 pm on Feb. 17, 2002)

Jeff240sx
02-17-2002, 08:55 PM
So... If I only want to run a system at WOT, the dry system is the best? &nbsp;And it will be able to be switched between 2 engines.
What is the drawback to dry systems when it will come to a manual? &nbsp;Will I want a wet system for the 6-speed?
And finally, why cant I run a wet system in both engines??
-Jeff

gh6o6
02-17-2002, 09:03 PM
dry will be very easy to switch between engines - ONE hole in the intake pipe

you might not be able to ran a wet systen in both because os the connections to the fuel system but im NOT sure

i not so sure about the drawbacks for the manual, but with the dry system the nos will collect on the intake valve when it slams shut to shift - im not sure that its so bad though
hope that helps