PDA

View Full Version : nismo tranny mount on s14

devonkyle77
08-12-2006, 04:51 PM
what do i need to do to install this?
my car is driven daily, so downtime is no good.
if someone could please explain it in the most simple yet thorough way, i would appreciate it.
thanks

punxva
08-12-2006, 05:18 PM
http://importnut.net/nismomm.htm

theres a guide on a s14 without taking the motor and tranny out, its for both the motor mounts and tranny mount so just scroll down to the tranny part, and your set, should take you about an hour.

sw20>>s14
08-12-2006, 05:41 PM
easy as cake...should take less than 15 minutes, dont worry about any downtime...

3day240sx
08-12-2006, 08:25 PM
those pics suck. not trying to knock anyone but i can't make out anything on those. get the car up on jack stands so you can get under it easy. take a jack and put it under the tranny and jack it up so it is held up but not putting a lot of stress on the mount. unbolt the crossmember from the chasiss and then unbolt the mount front he tranny. also there is a braket that goes to the mount which needs to be unbolted from the mount. be careful b/c the tranny mount is about to fall and it weighs probably 15lbs which wil hurt slightly to a hand and bust your forehead open. pull the mount out and replace it with your new monut and then put it back in the same way it came out.

the reason for pulling everything out from under the car is b/c there will be less dirt in your eyes. i would for safety reasons set another jack stand under the tranny while supported by the jack.

normally this takes longer for me to get the car secure on jack stands and safe to work on then it does to pull the crossmember and monut, replace the monut, and also clean the oil off of the crossmember.

g6civcx
08-12-2006, 09:11 PM
those pics suck. not trying to knock anyone but i can't make out anything on those. get the car up on jack stands so you can get under it easy. take a jack and put it under the tranny and jack it up so it is held up but not putting a lot of stress on the mount. unbolt the crossmember from the chasiss and then unbolt the mount front he tranny. also there is a braket that goes to the mount which needs to be unbolted from the mount. be careful b/c the tranny mount is about to fall and it weighs probably 15lbs which wil hurt slightly to a hand and bust your forehead open. pull the mount out and replace it with your new monut and then put it back in the same way it came out.

the reason for pulling everything out from under the car is b/c there will be less dirt in your eyes. i would for safety reasons set another jack stand under the tranny while supported by the jack.

normally this takes longer for me to get the car secure on jack stands and safe to work on then it does to pull the crossmember and monut, replace the monut, and also clean the oil off of the crossmember.

This is very good directions. Wear safety goggles.