PDA

View Full Version : Altima fan

Azzazzyn
08-11-2006, 11:01 AM
I searched and noticed the altima fan mod was directly related with the sr swap. Well today i started up my car and it sounded funny. I looked under the hood nd the fan wasn't moving. Further inspection saw the bolt on the shroud missing and inspector azzazzyn saw that the shroud tilted toward the fan and one of the blades embedded itself into the shroud and is now bent all to hell. Ok, now onto the actual question. Can you do the same fan upgrade to the KA? cuz i'd like to get rid of that pesky fan and just throw an electric one in there to make life alot easier. Otherwise I'll just look for another shroud and fan and replace it. Thanks

orion::S14
08-11-2006, 11:50 AM
I searched and noticed the altima fan mod was directly related with the sr swap.

Can you do the same fan upgrade to the KA?

YES. :hammer:

People who put an SR20 in there car often take the opportuniny to upgrade to e-fans...BUT you DO NOT have to have an SR to use Altima fans.

They fit stock radiators with stock KA motors.

They fit my AL Koyo that's designed for a KA, and work with my KA-T setup.

Trimming of the fan shroud is required no matter, and the fan wiring has nothing to do with what motor you used.

- Brian

Azzazzyn
08-11-2006, 12:37 PM
thanks, I figured that much but figured the onyl stupid question is the one one not asked. The first clutch fan i had got loose and snapped off, now this. Again, thanks