PDA

View Full Version : s13 Redtop into S13 KA/DE Tranny Harness

hstylez
08-07-2006, 09:40 AM
I have been searching for awhile now and can't come up with a clear answer. Some people say to use the KA tranny harness and some say to use the SR Tranny harness. Right now I have the SR tranny harness and everything looks like it plugs in just fine. Are the pinouts different or something. Why do people even use the KA harness? For anyone that has done a s13 redtop into a s13 dohc please post up and tell me what you used!

Thanks ahead of time!

g6civcx
08-07-2006, 09:47 AM
The most difficulty you will have will be the two plugs next to the relay box. I'm not talking about the brown and grey plug. There are 2 or 3 plugs, depending on if you're auto or manual, that connect the lower engine harness to the body harness.

They are a little weird and you really have to dig through the FSM to figure out what they are. They carry things like your gearbox sensors, power steering pressure sensor, and some others I don't remember right now.

I used the SR harness but I didn't have a choice. Maybe others can comment if the KA will be better or not.

hstylez
08-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the help so far. BTW are you saying you used the SR harness but you had to do more rewiring on the plugs you mentioned. More rewiring than just the brown and grey chasis plugs? Thanks

ManoNegra
08-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Use the original harness from your car so that it will plug in to the plugs by the fuse box. Splice as necessary.

g6civcx
08-07-2006, 11:40 AM
There is a weird E11 plug that people find on the KA harness. It's not described very well in the FSM. You have to turn to the very last page and look in the foldout. Depending upon how your KA is equipped, you may or may not need to hook this up.

I deleted mine because it was not needed. This confused some other people as well. For reference: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=105672&highlight=e11

Just make sure your brown and grey plugs are correctly wired up. The KA and SR plugs snap together, but the pins don't line up. Just follow HT's instructions to line them up. You should use the SR harness if you have it.