PDA

View Full Version : looking for drifters in the Charleston, South Carolina area

drftfan
08-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I am looking for other people to drift with. I just bought my second 240 a month ago and I am ready to drift. I will have my coilovers on this week and I am looking for some people to go drifting with. I have found some places in North Charleston...
I am also just looking for other 240 people as well. Anyone live around here?

ThatGuy
08-06-2006, 10:47 AM
What track are you using around Charleston for drifting?

Phlip
08-06-2006, 10:53 AM
I am a few hours away from Charleston, and I was planning to come down at the end of September, I was planning on NOT bringing my coupe, but if there will be track time, I will make an exception.

drftfan
08-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Going illegal on this one. I did not know there was a track. I was going to go to warehouse districts....
This one place I found has some decent corners and no curbs....
I am looking for multi areas...any place that is not going to attract alot of attention.

ThatGuy
08-06-2006, 11:15 AM
WTF? Keep it on the track!
#1. Drifting on public streets is stupid.
#2. Discussing illegal activities on the internet is idiodic.

I was gonna make the trip with PHLIP, but it's not worth getting my car impounded or spending a night in jail. It would've been worth track fees though.

Phlip
08-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Okay, so you're going illegal here. I have made my decision then.
HELL NO
- Drifting (or attempting to) on the street is fucking stupid.
- Taking a break from a road trip I have been planning for over a year to potentially participate in illegal activities is even more fucking stupid.

... you, on the other hand, g'head and knock yourself out there, buddy.

drftfan
08-06-2006, 04:47 PM
ok...is there a track near by? I am under the impression there is not one. So honestly...where else are you suppose to practice?
I have no issues doing it on a track and don't care about track fees. I used to when I lived in Vegas two years ago in my s14. But it seems down here in the south everyone is still into drag racing.

td5turbo
08-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey!!

I just moved back here (Charleston) and I know of a cheap ass track.
Its in Myrtle Beach (about a 1:45 min drive) at Myrtle Beach Speedway (get directions from their website).

Ever wednesday...gates open at 4:30 and drifting starts at like 5:30 till about 8pm/dark. Its only $20 and all your need is a helmet to compete (seriously a bicycle helmet is ok). They also have drag racing. You do have to pay $10 just to watch though....but usually its not crowded at all and people are awesomely friendly (no hate for the noobs). You will get plenty of seat time if you go on a normal day.

On Aug. 26th they are going to have a special event (thats a saturday) and I think the fee is $45 and you may have to have a DOT helemt...but not sure (probably not a M/SA/Snell though). There should be a good turn out...people from NC, VA, GA, SC, TN and all over should be there.

I'm down for warehouse drifting though hahaha. My car should be here Aug 17th and I will for sure be going to the event on the 26th...you should come check it out!

AzNCmB
08-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Hey!!

I just moved back here (Charleston) and I know of a cheap ass track.
Its in Myrtle Beach (about a 1:45 min drive) at Myrtle Beach Speedway (get directions from their website).

Ever wednesday...gates open at 4:30 and drifting starts at like 5:30 till about 8pm/dark. Its only $20 and all your need is a helmet to compete (seriously a bicycle helmet is ok). They also have drag racing. You do have to pay $10 just to watch though....but usually its not crowded at all and people are awesomely friendly (no hate for the noobs). You will get plenty of seat time if you go on a normal day.

On Aug. 26th they are going to have a special event (thats a saturday) and I think the fee is $45 and you may have to have a DOT helemt...but not sure (probably not a M/SA/Snell though). There should be a good turn out...people from NC, VA, GA, SC, TN and all over should be there.

I'm down for warehouse drifting though hahaha. My car should be here Aug 17th and I will for sure be going to the event on the 26th...you should come check it out!

man, that's some interesting shit....
do you have any footage of previous "hot drift wednesdays"? :D
I wana see what the track looks like...

td5turbo
08-09-2006, 08:43 AM
It isnt a "track" just the pit area with cones....its fun nontheless and for $20 you cant beat it. Here is a video of a friend (fellow noob drifter) in his '85 rx-7 just messing around. It was wet and majorly unpredictable.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eJ516gM6HzM

sc240sx96
08-13-2006, 10:15 PM
im not really very interested in drifting, but i would like to know where there are some autox events in or around the charleston area.

im guessing myrtle beach speedway does autocross (with cones) too?

sncs14
08-17-2006, 04:14 PM
im not really very interested in drifting, but i would like to know where there are some autox events in or around the charleston area.

I went down there for the first weekend Myrtle Beach drift event (spectated). I suppose you could try to use the course to grip.....but none of the other drivers do, hence it being a drift event.

They hold a drift event every Wednesday afternoon. The second weekend event is Saterday, August 26. It is a cone course on the paved portion of the MB Speedway infield.

EDIT: http://www.ncrscca.com/drivers.htm#calendar <--Auto-x

DrIvEsldEwAyS
08-27-2006, 05:17 PM
im in columbia, there is alot of 240's here, most are swapped

SouthSideSlider
09-15-2006, 09:56 AM

If you know where Goose Creek is then they do some autocross runs at the old Sams club parking lot I dont know when or how often though "just ask a local where it is if you dont know." and near the end of the school year there is a autocross event held in the Stratford high School parking lot."again if needed ask a local for directions." Stratford just resurfaced there parking lot over the summer so its realy nice...

projectdrifter
09-17-2006, 11:41 AM
humm there is drift events held every wensday night in myrtle beach. i belive we will be setting up saturday events in the next up comming month. since the nascar style races wont be on the track during the weekend the track manager might let us do more weekend events providing we can get participents out.

hit me up on aim: skyliner34r for more info/details/dates