PDA

View Full Version : s14 sr20 swap won't start

Locus27
08-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Aight, i've gone over this on just about every forum i can find, and i have yet to find a concrete answer or meaningful help. i did an sr20det (blacktop vvt) swap on my 96 s14. from everything i can dig up, i wired right. when i go to crank it over the ECCS relay chatters like a mofo, and i get no spark. oddly, if i disconnect the chassis ground for the z32 MAF, the ECCS relay doesn't chatter anymore, but i still get no spark. pics of the swap and wiring i did can be found here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2404550/2

everything i read told me to re-wire the two body plugs and the wiper motor plug. that's it. there are a few plugs un-used and unwired. also, if i'm using a manual boost controller can i just unplug and remove the stock boost control solenoid, or do i leave it plugged in and just cap off the ports?

if anyone's got experience with s14 sr20 swaps and can share some insight, i'd really appreciate it.

sblack13
08-06-2006, 12:03 PM
is your ignitor working correctly?
make sure your plugs aren't fouled out.
Make sure grounds are secured.
You need those 2 blue eccs plugs to be wired if wired incorrectly and or bad relays they can cause you not to have spark.
also it can be your ecu, or something you rewired wrong.