PDA

View Full Version : S14 SR20DET into S14

Curb King
08-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Ok ive searched multiple sites and haven't been able to find any information on exactly what i want to do. Ive been reading alot of "how to" guides on installing SR20's into 240's but i haven't been able to find one on a s14 sr20 into a s14. All i seem to find is s13 sr20 into s14. So unless someone can point me to a install guide that i haven't seen i have a question. Are there any differences in the installs of a s14 sr20 into a s14. I just wanna know what im getting into before i start.

420sx
08-03-2006, 11:07 PM
its direct fit. plug and play. s14 to s14. how hard can it be. i can do it blindfolded. now my s13sr into s14 was different. but come on, s14 into s14?? u got to be fucking joking its super easy. and theres a million threads here, freshalloy, fuckin google.

stop eating paintchips!

lumbo007
08-03-2006, 11:52 PM
its direct fit. plug and play. s14 to s14. how hard can it be. i can do it blindfolded.

so then your are saying that you do not need to rewire anything, or that you can do it blindfolded?

LB.Motoring
08-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Hes kidding, use the search,

:lock:

Curb King
08-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I have used the search engine and haven't been able to find the differences in the swap. So you seem to be the self proclaimed expert what is the differences in the swaps. What about the s14 is going to directly bolt up that an s13 wont.

dct223
08-04-2006, 09:35 AM
s13sr in s13's you have to mess with the plugs where the engine harness connects to the car's body harness cus the connectors are differnet. s14sr in s14, so ive hear is all plug and play, everything matches up, nothing needs to be cut or moded for the wiring

g6civcx
08-04-2006, 09:49 AM
The S14 SR swap is the easiest swap you can do simply because the FSM is available for the S14 SR. If you get stuck, you can always refer to the FSM, as opposed to the S13 SR where you wouldn't be able to.

Check #1 in my post. Download your year S14 FSM and the S14 SR FSM, and go ahead and read through the wiring sections (EL and EC). It looks like a lot but at least the information is available for you.

Again, the S14 SR is the easiest one to do.

ManoNegra
08-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Have any of you ever done an S14SR -> S14 swap before?
It's not a plug and play affair like you guys are suggesting.
There are two wiring variations in Zenki SRs and two variations in Kouki SRs.
Most of the info found on the net is in regards to Zenki SRs.
My old S14 had had a late Kouki SR swapped into it and nothing I found matched the wiring on the harness. Finally gave up and had Marco at the SR20Store take care of it. S13 SR -> S13? pretty easy to do, all the info is
readily available.

g6civcx
08-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Most of the info found on the net is in regards to Zenki SRs.

This is correct. That's the version of the FSM we can get.

S13 SR -> S13? pretty easy to do, all the info is
readily available.

True, but the best we can get is scans of the Japanese FSM. The rest is just common knowledge.

DUBCITY
08-04-2006, 11:30 AM
yeah i dont know where you guys are getting the idea that s14 sr to s14 is plug and play. I just went through the whole process and i wasnt really that bad, but you definatly have to do some mods to the wiring. i would say its on the same level as doing a s13 sr to s13. yes, on the s13 there are more plugs you have to worry about and there is no fsm available, but people have done it so many times and there arent too many variations in wiring harness between diff years. I had a Kouki s14 sr and found that is was very difficult to get any wiring info, i was kinda scared, but once you start going through it it will make sense.

Motor will drop right in.

Wiring, only mod is to the F4 plug by the ecu. I used this link http://www.dragva.com/eng/F4.html
as a starting point and then did a lot of searching on different forums. Get the FSM for both the KA and SR and go from there. I think there was only like 1 wire different in the kouki plug. You will also have to do some splicing to get your wipers to work, but thats easy. I remember only having to splice about 8 main wires in order to get mine running, after that i cleaned stuff up a bit.

zubaz91
08-04-2006, 12:05 PM
i did a s14 sr into s14 both the sr and my car are zenki, its pretty simple, wiring is the only part that requires any thought really. i just had yury at heavythrottle do it, cuz he lives less than an hour away from me. i bought a clip so im using the stock side mount and all the stock parts, everything fit without having to make holes anywhere or anything.

DUBCITY
08-04-2006, 03:52 PM
yeah all the mechanical parts are very straight forward. And if you have enough knowledge to install the motor youself, then im sure you have the ability to compare a few wiring diagrams and do the wiring. Save youself the $300 if you can.

Curb King
08-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks guys you helped answer a few questions that i had.

ManoNegra
08-04-2006, 05:07 PM
I made a chart of my harness pin relocation before I sold the motor and the harness. One of these days when I'm not feeling lazy I'll look for it and make a write up.

420sx
08-04-2006, 10:50 PM
still s14 into s14 is soooo much easier as far as wiring. please stop blowing this out of proportion. fairly easy swap.