PDA

View Full Version : Just Swapped Dash in All is Good Except one thing.

danger69
07-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Everything looks great. Now for some reason my brake light on my dash is on even though my ebrake is down. I put everything in where they are suppose to be. It took me 2 1/2hrs to get it all done. Thats because I've never done this before. Can anyone help?

TipStylez
07-29-2006, 12:19 AM
check your ebrake sensor.

mrmephistopheles
07-29-2006, 12:22 AM
check your brake fluid level

danger69
07-29-2006, 12:46 AM
I know its not the brake fluid. Where ist he e brake sensor at?

TipStylez
07-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Right under your armrest, behidn the ebrake. You cant miss it.

mrmephistopheles
07-29-2006, 03:26 AM
lol i posted that without completely reading everything. Yeah, your brake sensor is probably hung up on something.
Life off your center console, it's on the inside rear of the ebrake. It has a tiny wire connected to it.

g6civcx
07-29-2006, 07:12 PM
You can disconnect the handbrake warning switch completely if you like. It doesn't affect anything. The light just comes on to tell you if your handbrake is engaged.

Chances are that if you don't realise your handbrake is still engaged, you probably won't notice a little light.

silverarrow27
07-29-2006, 08:01 PM
So how hard was it to get to the bolts holding the dashboard in place? Any advice on what you would have done if you had to do it again? Planning to do a dash board swap myself.

projectRDM
07-29-2006, 08:53 PM
20 minutes tops. Very, very easy.

g6civcx
07-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Just be careful when you remove the defroster vents. They're easy to break if you're not careful. The rest you can figure out just by looking at them.

#1 in sig. BF section.

danger69
07-31-2006, 12:19 AM
I would recommend a friend to help move the dash out. It took me a while to get it out alone. What I did was ever screw I removed from the dash I put it on the replacement dash so I know which screw went where. The most trouble I had was the connectors behind the gauge, black trim button connectors and the glove box connector. A tip would be use a flat head to push the release button so its easier to slide it out. I have to admit it was quite easy. The most time consuming would be the removal of the gauge cluster. All of the screws for the dash is around it and none of it is inside it which is great. OH! Remember to switch vins. Sucks if you get caught with the wrong vin # thinking its a stolen car. Use a flat head to remove the 2 long vents located at the front windshield. Don't worry about the side ones no need to take them out.