PDA

View Full Version : Power steering bolt

IDriveFords
07-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Yesterday I went to install my new power steering pressure line. My only issue is that there's another small line going into the pressure line and the bolt that holds the two together is in there extremely tight. I tried everything, but I'm afraid if i pull to hard I'm gonna twist the line and snap it. This thing will not budge and its almost like somebody welded it there. I PB blasted the crap outta it and nothing seems to work. I know it's not welded because it's a factory job unless they welded it from the factory. Does anyone know a way to break this bolt without snaping the line?

projectRDM
07-26-2006, 09:14 AM
A violent amount of effort. It's real tight.

sblack13
07-26-2006, 02:16 PM
if you are talking about the big banjo bolt. What I did was I took an old hollow aluminum baseball bat. Cut the top off and used it for a breaker bar. And found the appropriate wrench, and I was good to go.

IDriveFords
07-26-2006, 08:44 PM
dang, I didn't realize that bolt was such a pain to break. I got a friend who owns a shop and he said he'd break it for me so I don't bend or twist the line. Thnx for the info tho.

reccakun08
07-27-2006, 02:21 AM
if you are talking about the big banjo bolt. What I did was I took an old hollow aluminum baseball bat. Cut the top off and used it for a breaker bar. And found the appropriate wrench, and I was good to go.

thats hilarious

sblack13
07-28-2006, 12:51 AM
hey it worked.