PDA

View Full Version : what is this hardline for?

DrtyRat
07-24-2006, 08:40 AM
I have an s14 sr and yesterday I was doing some spirited driving coming back from church and I noticed my water temp gauge started to climb (autometer). Now on these brutal summer days the water temp will get up to 195-200 +/- but it was getting way hotter than that. As I came to a stop the temp would shoot up to 220-240 and when I started moving again it would drop right back to 205-210. I have been noticing lately that I had been losing coolant but I thought that my rad. hose had a slight leak, but I never found anything. Also there's no smoke coming from my exhaust so I know its not a hg prob. Anywayz I finally got home, popped the hood and could hear a sound like air was leaking. I searched and I searched until finally I found the culprit....
This is where the upper rad hose goes and there's a hard line that goes down (its the one in the pic w/the bolt going through what appears to be a ball shape)next to the oil dip stick and it has a crack in it that is shooting out a fine stream of water, so I know its the prob.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f274/DrtyRat42/hardline1.jpg

What I wanna know is what is that line for and can I order it separately. I know I can jbweld it (temporarily) but I just wanna get it replace w/a new one if possible...any help would be appreciated

sean350z
07-24-2006, 10:42 AM
turbo return coolant line...i'd fix it immediately, could also just need a new gasket

DrtyRat
07-24-2006, 10:44 AM
thanks...I figured it was prob for the turbo but I wasn't sure.

g6civcx
07-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Get Taka Motorsports lines while you're at it. You may be able to get at it as is, but it's much better to drop the turbo and redo all the lines and gasket.

I'm jealous of your S14 SR waterneck :)

DrtyRat
07-24-2006, 09:35 PM
I thought about the taka but I'm unsure of the cost diff vs new oem...and why r u jealous of the water neck?

g6civcx
07-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Can you even get new OEM hardlines?

I really like the Taka products, and they give you unbeatable customer support. It makes it so easy to remove the turbo than if you had hardlines in there. Plus if you have any problem at all Harp will help you out.

The S13 goes behind the firewall. The S14 is much nicer and easier to get to.