PDA

View Full Version : Throttle problem

Eggdrop
07-21-2006, 05:46 PM
I was driving home today and some weird stuff happened. In the past 3 days my car has been acting up bit. The idle will go to about 1000 ( which is lower than regular for the car, which means its high) and it will bubble there. When i press the throttle it will stumble real quick than catch up. it only does it for a couple of seconds. today though, it did that but would not go past a low rpm. it was like the throttle was stuck or like something had put itself in front of the throttle body. it was an abrupt stop. like the car would start to rev and then BAM! it did it for like 2 blocks and really made me nervous. It than stopped. What the hell was it. I already know that there is an issue with my timing cause i miss in certain range and i am running rich. any clues.

kandyflip445
07-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Could you try to explain it better? Like what does bubble mean? :wtf: If you mean you couldn't rev past like 3k then check your MAF. If it's not plugged in/not reading it will limit the RPM. You can adjust the idle with a screwdriver it's under the intake manifold at the back of the engine. A philips head will work.