PDA

View Full Version : Blowing fuse when turning on side markers (1 click) in S14

mmdb
07-18-2006, 11:22 PM
I have a s14 Kouki and I keep blowing fuses when I click 1x for the sidemarkers to turn on, along with the gauge cluster, clock backlight, and the control illumination. I've read previous posts to check grounds, which I have, and wires that MAY have been shorted which I also have. My question is has there been any sort of known issue that might've been causing this? Thanks for any reply.

Ricks15
07-18-2006, 11:28 PM
I have a s14 Kouki and I keep blowing fuses when I click 1x for the sidemarkers to turn on, along with the gauge cluster, clock backlight, and the control illumination. I've read previous posts to check grounds, which I have, and wires that MAY have been shorted which I also have. My question is has there been any sort of known issue that might've been causing this? Thanks for any reply.

I got a problem something similar to what you got but I blow Fuses when ever I try to switch to Highbeams but the thing is the left headlamp is the only one the eats the 15amp fuse. There is an open wire or something that is not making the right connection with you. Check you wires I bet there is one that is open and shit so just tape it up with black electrical tape and hopefully that might clear you're case with the mysterious fuse blowing.

2tone240
07-19-2006, 01:55 AM
check for any pinched wires. if you crashed your car, took off your bumpers, or done anything that could have gotten the wires pinched. if it's pinched like on the bumper support or something it could be grounding itself out.

g6civcx
07-19-2006, 05:58 AM
Other than doing what you did, check the main engine harness underneath the front fender. Sometimes the suspension grounds out and cuts that harness.

Yuri
07-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Check for pinched or shorting wires. When I crashed at irwindale, I had the same problem. It turned out to be the license plate wires were pinched and shorting out.