PDA

View Full Version : Cusco Comp-s technical question (S14)

redpotatoes
07-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Just intalled my suspension on my S14, Cusco Comp-s. I bought them used. Few questions came in the process of installation, maybe someone can help out. BTW it is my first coilover setup,

1- I noticed that on the rear coilovers(front are labeled), there are no "L" or "R". Is it kind of universal ? Or do I need to look closer ? (Already installed)

2- When everything was installed, torqued to specs and ajusted at the height I wanted, I went for a test drive and noticed a weird nose coming off the front right of the car. I opened up the hood and noticed that the top bolt in the middle of the suspension became higher than the one on the left. I know that those coilovers are only height ajustable(camber also but...) and dampening is NOT ajustable. I bolted it up until it was at the same level as the other side. (I noticed also it was turning on itself once firmely bolted, not sure someone will understand what I mean but...) What is the purpose of those bolts and have I done the right thing.

3- My previous setup was OEM Strut in front and KYB-GR2 at the back). I know the coilovers are harder thant that but sometimes when I drive in a bump, a loud noise comes up. I guess the stifness of the new suspension do that but I am still asking if it's normal.

Dousan_PG
07-16-2006, 09:28 PM
1 no left or right
2 its loose, tighten that bolt
3 loud noise? probably blown shock. bottoming out.

redpotatoes
07-16-2006, 11:47 PM
I tried to push up and down all corner off the car and it is not bouncing. Pretty hard to even make it bounce a little. Can they still be blowned ? I just read on a post that I could know for sure if they are blowned if I remove the springs and push it like that. Is there another way to know that ? The driving seems to be good, well I didn't drive much but is there another way to know ? I am not used to drive with that kind of suspension, so I might be wrong.

Dousan_PG
07-17-2006, 02:03 AM
I tried to push up and down all corner off the car and it is not bouncing. Pretty hard to even make it bounce a little. Can they still be blowned ? I just read on a post that I could know for sure if they are blowned if I remove the springs and push it like that. Is there another way to know that ? The driving seems to be good, well I didn't drive much but is there another way to know ? I am not used to drive with that kind of suspension, so I might be wrong.

oh god a cause of pushing a car down w/ 6kg springs
please ur not super man
if u want to test your shocks take the springs off first

there is really no othre FOR SURE way to test w/o taking the springs off.

well there is, if theres oil everywhere or funky noises..oh like yours!

DONT BUY USED COILOVERS