PDA

View Full Version : Help: Unorthodox Crankpulley Install

KodSil80
07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I need to replace my OEM crankpulley because the pulley going from the Power Steering to the CrankPulley snapped on me while I was driving home from work, so I decided to go with UR CrankPulley in replacement, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to put it on TDC. I know where TDC is on the UR pulley but how will I know where to alighn it on TDC when mounted on? This is for an S13 KA24DE. Thanks for any help.

Pacman
07-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Set the engine to TDC, then, take the pulleys TDC mark and aligne it with the needle on the block.

IIRC, the pulley will only go on the right way since ithe hole is shaped a certain way.

projectRDM
07-14-2006, 03:03 PM
You're joking right? The crankshaft has a key way that the pulley fits into, doesn't matter where you set the engine you're not doing anything internal.

Remove old pulley.
Install new pulley.

Can't be any simpler to do. Put the glue down and breath natural air for a few minutes.

Pacman
07-15-2006, 01:32 AM
IIRC, the pulley will only go on the right way since the hole is shaped a certain way.
The crankshaft has a key way that the pulley fits into, doesn't matter where you set the engine you're not doing anything internal.
Key! Thats the technical term I was looking for.

NIK90s13
07-15-2006, 08:42 AM
I would set the timing before you change the pully. I just did the same thing the other day. I heard that the timing isn't dependable, so we set the timing before we changed out the pully.