PDA

View Full Version : CF hatch help..

BRB26
07-12-2006, 11:29 AM
im looking for a cf hatch & hood for my s13.. anyone know any good vendors or companies?

ps. something that will fit! not a whack knockoff or anything.

FaLKoN240
07-12-2006, 11:40 AM
I think Seibon makes that kinda stuff.

FRpilot
07-12-2006, 12:54 PM
chargespeed, VIS.

Frenzy13
07-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Enjukuracing.com has the seibon carbon fiber one. $650 I think.

BRB26
07-12-2006, 05:24 PM
ive been shopping around, but those are pretty damn expensive..there has to be other non-eGay companies out there..

ThatGuy
07-12-2006, 05:30 PM
It's Carbon Fucking Fiber, how cheap do you think it's gonna be. There's a shortage of material right now, plus shipping prices are going up thanks to Gas prices/Economy. Pay to play, or buy cheap knock-off shit and come back and complain later about the quality. So tired of these "Stuff is too expensive Threads". If you are really worried about the cost of CF, find a FRP hatch. There are other options.

Ritz S14
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
How is the weight reduction going to be benefical to you?

If you want a CF hatch to be "JDM", get a Honda.. They make CF everything for it, and at a price you can afford.

Neejay
07-12-2006, 05:49 PM
How is the weight reduction going to be benefical to you?

If you want a CF hatch to be "JDM", get a Honda.. They make CF everything for it, and at a price you can afford.
So a CF hood wont really be beneficial to a semi stock car? I just have an intake and exhaust. (not being an asshole, seriously curious)

Neejay
07-12-2006, 05:51 PM
It's Carbon Fucking Fiber, how cheap do you think it's gonna be. There's a shortage of material right now, plus shipping prices are going up thanks to Gas prices/Economy. Pay to play, or buy cheap knock-off shit and come back and complain later about the quality. So tired of these "Stuff is too expensive Threads". If you are really worried about the cost of CF, find a FRP hatch. There are other options.
LOL OMG so true....

McRussellPants
07-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Ugh, "no knockoffs" followed by "thats too expensive".

Your fucking dumb, learn how the world works and then try and find a zOMG CF hatch for your show car.

trybal
07-12-2006, 07:14 PM
ouch... there was probably a more generous way to say all that ...

CaoBoY
07-12-2006, 11:27 PM
ouch... there was probably a more generous way to say all that ...
yeah, its called get a good job, and buy the good stuff. or be a broke ass, and buy 'knockoff' stuff.

chmercer
07-13-2006, 02:25 AM
this thread eats dick

carbon hatch is for posers and ricers

if you think your hatch is too heavy, cut the skeleton out of it and put some lexan from home depot or wherever, it will weigh like 10 pounds

"but then my defroster wont work and noone will give me "props" on cardomain :cry::cry::cry:"

pr240sx
07-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Why not fiberglass with lexan window.
Even, keep the metal square and gut the flat part. Even sheetmetal.
A benefit of converting to CF is no rust!!

BRB26
07-13-2006, 06:09 PM
wow you guys are real nice.
i have a huge rust hole in the corner of my hatch. just wanted to replace it with something else..

i do have a good job, i work hard for my money. but i will shell out the cash..BUT im still shopping for the BEST PRICE and the best product.

There is such a thing as find the best product for cheap, and thats what im
looking for.

Its called being frugal. Why pay for something expensive but shitty while you can get something better for cheap? its called shopping and research.

A Spec Products
07-13-2006, 06:41 PM
If you are trying to be frugal just go to the junkyard and buy another used hatch

It's a 240sx, weight savings is kinda pointless

Just make more HP or go on the Atkins diet

Seibon's probably going to be your best fitting choice out of the options out there.

You can't skimp on a CF trunk because fitment for stuff like trunks usually is either BAD or DECENT. There's no in between, so in this case you most definitely get what you pay for.

Me personally I don't like the look of FRP or CF trunks, especially when you use lexan. OG glass baby.

The Island
07-16-2006, 02:15 AM
Signal Auto makes a carbon fiber hatch thats a decent price. Check there website out.

BRB26
07-18-2006, 05:59 PM
thanks! i ordered it from more japan..ive had good service from them before..
here: http://www.more-japan.com/Signal-Auto-Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Hatch-RPS13-S13-240SX-180SX-p-16228.html

pr240sx
07-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Working on Atkins... jeje

Get a junk one, trim it down and call it.

nlzmo400r
07-19-2006, 09:25 PM
either way, no matter how much you trim your STEEL hatch, is always better to use a lighter material. A fiberglass hatch would give you near the weight savings of the carbon fiber hatch, but without the cost. They're definitely not many fiberglass hatches on the market (if any one knows of ANY, post em up). The real weight savings in the hatch is in the glass, replace it with lexan.

Now whats with the 'who cares about weight savings, its a 240sx...just add horsepower??' Since when does horsepower help you turn, brake, grip or make your car more tossable? Im a huge fan of weight reduction, no matter what vehicle it is. Ive stripped my s13 quite a bit, and notice it is substantially lighter than a stock s13. And on a road course taking corners at 80mph 300lbs makes quite a difference.

kognition
07-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Best price does not equal best product. Don't skimp on large carbon fiber parts. The larger, the more prone to shrinkage and warping. And frp weighs the same as a standard cf hood. Research it.

wow you guys are real nice.
i have a huge rust hole in the corner of my hatch. just wanted to replace it with something else..

i do have a good job, i work hard for my money. but i will shell out the cash..BUT im still shopping for the BEST PRICE and the best product.

There is such a thing as find the best product for cheap, and thats what im
looking for.

Its called being frugal. Why pay for something expensive but shitty while you can get something better for cheap? its called shopping and research.